2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I would have like to see him develop here and get a good run in the side to find his feet but it doesn't look like it will be so. I'm disappointed but we move on.

Come on mate, Richarlison is our record signing, you can’t compare he wasn’t trying to break through like Lookman, Lookman was here before Richarlison.

The not wanting to be here argument is lazy, it’s group think to make ourselves feel better, I hate that caricature and I don’t believe it, lads want to play ball, if they were lazy, unambitious and had no fight they’d sit on their backsides here beside Besic and Niasse.

Truth is we had Dortmund in for Lookman, we had PSG in for Kean. DCL at the same age wouldn’t have had those opportunities or interest from clubs of that caliber, it’s easy to stick it out here when you don’t have that level of opportunity.

I never said they were lazy or unambitious, I said they didn't want to stay and we're unhappy. That's a difference.

Koeman played Lookman a handful of times and didn't have didn't have the patience. Silva played him too and pointed out his inconsistent training. The feller has gone through 5 managers to be now on loan at Fulham. When does it become the players fault?

Bringing up Richarlison is a better comparison than Besic or Niasse who are here because no one wants them. There's another difference.

If Lookman didn't want to leave, he'd have stayed. It's that simple. It Kean wants to stay, he stays.

And that last point just proves my point. You're saying these young players have better opportunities at bigger clubs cos they're more talented than the ones we have so they leave. But then complain that we don't play them or "give them a chance". So why should they want to stay?

Last edited:
DCL was extremely lucky he got so many games for us before coming good, for most of that time he was really the only striker at the club. Unfortunately Kean didn’t have that luxury.

Lucky? It's called hard work and development. If managers didn't believe in him, he wouldn't be playing. The feller played as a wingback once and didn't complain or moan about it.

Fancy asking Kean to play wingback? Lololol

Lucky? It's called hard work and development. If managers didn't believe in him, he wouldn't be playing. The feller played as a wingback once and didn't complain or moan about it.

Fancy asking Kean to play wingback? Lololol
I have never know a player especially a striker have so many chances (as in game time) , he worked hard yes but struggled for long periods to even to control and hold up the ball. It was worth it as he had come good, finished article (as good as Kane) not yet, will he ever be I’m not so sure as he still doesn’t control the ball great, but he does get now what he struggled so long to get and that goals.
So at the end of the day for a striker that is really all that matters. Strikers can work as har as they want but if they don’t get goals ultimately they will eventually get dropped, DCL had about 2 seasons playing before he even started to look decent. But i agree DCL just got on with it, Kean looked as if he was sulking most of the time. But I still think eventually we will buy a top top striker as imo DCL isn’t good enough to get us top 4 or better regularly, but time will tell.

You keep mentioning Forlan and I think it is such a wonderful comparison because, like Kean, Forlan was labeled crap because he couldn't make it work coming off the bench a ton and only starting games here and there. Then, like Kean, Forlan went somewhere where he played much more consistently and scored for fun.

So sure, maybe it is because the PL is the greatest league in the history of Earth, or maybe some guys just need to get consistent game time to stay sharp and score goals.

So you're saying Ferguson failed Forlan?

Not the fact Ruud and Ole were banging goals for fun over him?

In fact, Forlan apparently worked his balls off to make it happen at United. It just didn't work out.

We saying Kean and Lookman did the same? Or we saying we failed to embrace their talent that only champions League teams can only do?

Behave!

Literally all of the big clubs do this. Sell players and have buy black clauses for peanuts, or sell on clauses.

If he goes good, Juve get him back for £5-10m more, and they've developed a player for 2-3 yeas for a small fee. If Everton sell him, Juve get more money. He's not suited to the Everton way, but he was never going to be a write off.
His contract was running out at Juve, so they have no clauses. Also shows the type of player he is/agent he has that he didn't stay there.

If Moise Kean was trying to break through in a moderate Leicester team I wonder what his stats would be conversely if when trying to establish himself Lineker played in the French league with two best attacking talents in the world I wonder how well he would have done.

The fact remains that June were prepared to sell him for not extraordinary money and as well as he is doing in a second tier league surrounded by the best players in the mold I cannot see us get more than 40m for him.@zatara

Juventus didn't want to sell him, but he had 12 months left on his deal.

This is what happens when a player is given a decent run in a team as opposed to give 15 to 20 min, normally when a game was lost.
He scored every time he started for us, only to be dropped the next match. Funny the same people asking for us to get Tom for him are the same people calling him useless for not be able to reach one of Davies aimless balls last yr

If Kean was given 5mins at the end of games then he would have similar stats to last season.

Conversely, when he starts games he scores goals.

Where has the info come from that we were prepared to sell him last June?

We didnt even agree to a buyout clause lol
It wasn't us that didn't agree a buy out clause, it was PSG.
They have probably made the player more expensive for themselves or someone else.
They should have included the option to buy , but either they didn't rate the player high enough to negotiate a deal or Everton flat out refused to include the clause which was good management as it happens .

Kean obviously did not impress the three Everton managers that he played under last season (Ferguson least of all) and for a moment forget about stats. I can only remember one game that he played where he looked worth the money we paid for him .

I don't know if we were prepared to sell in the summer but I do know he is not at Everton atm and I also know that listening to CA he certainly has not given the impression that he want Kean to stay at all costs.

I never said they were lazy or unambitious, I said they didn't want to stay and we're unhappy. That's a difference.

Koeman played Lookman a handful of times and didn't have didn't have the patience. Silva played him too and pointed out his inconsistent training. The feller has gone through 5 managers to be now on loan at Fulham. When does it become the players fault?

Bringing up Richarlison is a better comparison than Besic or Niasse who are here because no one wants them. There's another difference.

If Lookman didn't want to leave, he'd have stayed. It's that simple. It Kean wants to stay, he stays.

And that last point just proves my point. You're saying these young players have better opportunities at bigger clubs cos they're more talented than the ones we have so they leave. But then complain that we don't play them or "give them a chance". So why should they want to stay?

Sorry mate, dont agree with much of that to be honest. Its interesting how different perceptions can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back