Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno mate the new owner of Marseille came out with the statement the other month that they are willing to put 200m dollars into the team in order to turn them into a future French and CL winning team

"I pledge to invest €200m over four years, which is more than has been put in in the last 20 years. The goal is to win the league," the American businessman told L'Equipe.

"My number one goal is to win Ligue 1; the second is to win the title more often than we don't; and the third is to win the Champions League. We have to manage to do that in that order."
"I'm certain I'll have some surprises, but you always learn in difficult times," McCourt said. "I grew up in Boston, and for me, the similarities with Marseille are striking. Like the Red Sox against the Yankees, OM will be an 'outsider,' who'll win with the heart. That has to be part of the club's DNA.
"We won't spend more money than Barcelona or Madrid, so how are we going to win? With passion, and the fans will be crucial."

So basically his plan is to spend about 30m pound a year for 4 years to create a CL winning team, whilst PSG can spend that total ampount on 2 players without breaking sweat

The guy is a utter buffoon

Wait wait wait ... *Frank* McCourt? The guy who almost ruined one of the most popular and famous baseball teams in the US? The guy who was burned in effigy by the fans? The guy who made the stadium into such a cesspool that people were scared to walk through the parking lot? That's the Marseille owner? I can't believe he had the nerve to buy another professional team, let alone brag about his aspirations for them. The guy is a grade-A scum bag. We should not worry about competition from him, I'm sure he'll be sussed out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back