Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many other posters feel you have good points to make, but you make so many of them in such a dismissive, haughty and wind up way that it is no surprise the forum erupts with people who can't help reacting. (some who seem to do nothing else but react to you OR bait you)

You seem to have an aversion to phrases like "I think that", 'I feel as if', 'in my opinion', 'It could be seen as' or the word 'possibly'. I personally think this complete lack of the ability to write a balanced post without assuming your opinion is the be all and end all, is the strongest evidence that you actually are wumming a large part of the forum. Either that or you have an ego the size of Yakubu's arse.

It's often funny though, so don't ever leave.

Is that so. Check my posts mate, I state imo a lot. I make no claim to being certain. It's my OPINION.

Thanks for the lecture, btw. I feel like I've been hit over the head with a cuddly toy. You dont have the heft for that job.

Did we do that when we sold Stones? I thought city were mugs to pay that, but you charge what they can afford based on how desperate they are, everyone's a pimp nowadays...
We were ripped off there, imo. City knew we needed a sale to start out spending. When players like Luiz were fetching £50M off PSG, we should have been getting that and then some for 'the greatest emerging talent in English football' and a homegrown player (even if he's no such thing City had bought into it and should have been mugged).

We were ripped off there, imo. City knew we needed a sale to start out spending. When players like Luiz were fetching £50M off PSG, we should have been getting that and then some for 'the greatest talent in English football and a homegrown player (even if he's no such thing City had bought into it and should have been mugged).

Why is anyone arsed what we pay for him? We're somewhere between financially stable and filthy f'ing rich, so as long as the club has the money it doesn't matter what we pay for Schneiderlin or any other player.

Schneiderlin is a very good player. Currently better than what we have also, which is the crucial thing.
We are not currently going to get someone at the level of Gundogan, Pogba, Kroos, etc. like City, Chelsea, Utd etc could easily do so, so what is the problem with paying to get this deal done??? It's not your money. We're not on the edge of broke any more. Let it go.

Why is anyone arsed what we pay for him? We're somewhere between financially stable and filthy f'ing rich, so as long as the club has the money it doesn't matter what we pay for Schneiderlin or any other player.

Schneiderlin is a very good player. Currently better than what we have also, which is the crucial thing.
We are not currently going to get someone at the level of Gundogan, Pogba, Kroos, etc. like City, Chelsea, Utd etc could easily do so, so what is the problem with paying to get this deal done??? It's not your money. We're not on the edge of broke any more. Let it go.
What are you basing that on mate? We had a negative net spend last summer and Moshiri has already warned that the club spending will have to be "self sustaining". Does that spell we have money to burn to you?

Kone was £5M, Barry was £1m; Holgate was 500k; Lennon was £4.5M; Mori was £9.5M.

You left out Galloway for 400K and Cleverley on a free.

All told Martinez spent £80M on the 24 players he brought in, not £90M http://toffeeweb.com/players/transfers.php

Just by selling Lukaku we'll get half that back. In this market where players like Bolassie and Schneiderlin are hitting the mid £20M/late £20M mark, a player like McCarthy is going to go for no less than £18M; Mori will fetch easy that £18M also; Deulofeu will fetch £7/8M (FFS, Anichebe fetched £6M 4 years ago!) Galloway will go for £4/5M; Cleverley will go for circa £5/6M; Holgate will fetch right now £8/9M; Tarasaj there will be no loss on that and we'll scoop probably £3/4M back; Barry sold tomorrow for a nominal fee of about £2M; Lennon would get us about our money back again, so £4/5M; Niasse will be bought by a Turkish club for a knockdown £4/5M; Robles would fetch about £4M in this market place; Kone and McGeady we'll get zip for.

Let's say we get (conservative £45M for Lukaku), the rest would fetch between £85M/£90M. Total with Lukaku = £130M/£135M.

I also left a 5m loan fee out we paid for Lukaku, Barry - 2.5m is including the 1.5m loan fee we paid for him mate, i also left out Cleverleys signing on fee as a free agent which would hav ebeen very substantial (circa 5m or so), I aslo discounted the signing fee for another two free agents in Alcaraz and Eto'o

Nice link to the toffeweb list mate, not 100% accurate mind you unless we really did pay just 25m for Lukaku not the 28m that every other source reported it to be.
Kone 5m as well, strange that the BBC reported us as havign actually met his 6m release clause at Wigan when we bought him. various others are different to what was actually reported as the fees at the time as well, I'm guessing that toffeeweb have an inside source though which makes them more acccurate than the BBC for example on such matters

Barry would be sold now for 2m LOL - where to mate - China, who on earth would pay for him at nearly 36 and looking close to being finished, and on about 70k+ a week
Similarly - with Cleverleys wage, it will massively restrict any fee we recieve for selling him, to the extent we are supposedly listening to loan offers for him

McCarthy is gon na go for 18m, yet you criticise a player of similar age, with no history of being injury prone, who has performed far better in this league in Schneiderlin being bought for 20m.
Mori - 18m - exactly who will pay that for him mate?
Tarashaj - will end up leaving on a free in 2-3 years time mate having never been seen in an everton shirt after his first official pic.
Niasse - 5m - we cant give the lad away on loan mate, because he is absolute dogturd

some of the other shouts are amusing as well tbh

One question though, in this crazy market of prices, do you think that selling McCarthy for 18m (at least) in your opinion of his worth and buying Schneiderlin for roughly 22m (so all being told being quite close in fees) be a great business decision or would you rather keep hold of McCarthy and not buy Schneiderlin?

What are you basing that on mate? We had a negative net spend last summer and Moshiri has already warned that the club spending will have to be "self sustaining". Does that spell we have money to burn to you?

Wages are forecast to increase by 27m in the next 12 months.

Now unless Doris the Tea Lady is getting a pay rise, somebody, somewhere intends to spend a lot of money on new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back