Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't proved right about Kenwright being ill. Happy to accept everything else, and I for am, extremely pleased we've gone out and signed Schneiderlin. I'd love if it the likes of @davek could properly explain why they're disappointed with the signing.

hahaha great shout, but dont got there, i was told off last time over this.....

He never actually said that though did he. He said that the hold up with talks were that his reps were changing in the UK and that was the hold up and that he was unsure if he was interested in the Everton project. Of course we will ignore all the stuff he got right like Eto'o, Tarashaj, Usmanov, Kieth Harris, Barry playing in defence, Ebbrell, Kenwrights illness and the Sissoko interest amongst others. Of course, not everything will ever come in, BECAUSE that's football.

He said Barkley would leave a few summers back but the stuff he's nailed on, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He said Barkley would leave a few summers back but the stuff he's nailed on, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt.
In fairness, Barkley and Stones have both been taken to the Etihad as guests of Man City, so I can see why there may have been stuff going on behind the scenes. I know a few people that deal with transfers and the amount of things that change with them is mental. Any ITK could get stuff spot on and then it changes within an hour.

Was told one story about Malky Mackay. Was nailed on to manage a team and then Vincent Tan leaked some more info about the racism.

Lol. £24M for him.

Imagine someone told you two years ago that Everton would spend £50M on Bolassie and Schneiderlin...you'd have had them certified.

Everton's transfer policy is dreamt up by Fred the Doorman and Vera the tea lady.

We paid 15 million for a raw Fellaini 8 years ago mate. Depending on whose transfer inflation coefficients ( hark at me ) you believe, that equates to somehere between 25 and 35 million in today's market.

I grant you that with him being something like 20 at the time, there was always a good chance he'd have a good resale value, but it does show how bonkers transfer fees have become.

25 million today would likely have been 8 to 10 million ten years ago. When it comes to transfer fees, many people are living in the past.

*hums old Jethro Tull song. Those that understand are getting on a bit

We paid 15 million for a raw Fellaini 8 years ago mate. Depending on whose transfer inflation coefficients ( hark at me ) you believe, that equates to somehere between 25 and 35 million in today's market.

I grant you that with him being something like 20 at the time, there was always a good chance he'd have a good resale value, but it does show how bonkers transfer fees have become.

25 million today would likely have been 8 to 10 million ten years ago. When it comes to transfer fees, many people are living in the past.

*hums old Jethro Tull song. Those that understand are getting on a bit

And sold him for £27.5m!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back