Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with not paying £24m, why should we give them full value of what they paid for their own reject?

Logic dictates his value should have fallen and anything north of £20m is very reasonable.

The issue if we don't sign him, is not that we refused to meet Utd's asking price, it would potentially be more that we haven't used the time to identify other alternatives.

I didn't agree with Koeman's comments about telling the board the players he wanted and not pursuing any others. That seems like a recipe to repeat last summer to me. A club must always have Plan B, you don't sign just anyone but if we do 1000's of hours of scouting and analysis on players it's pretty short-sighted not to give yourself alternatives.

I suspect there's a back up or two to Morgs, my interpretation was after those 2 or 3 then we wouldn't be prepared to settle for just anyone. I suspect that's what this Delaney chap was mentioned for.

My biggest worry is the fact we've still got the same inept ditherers trying to complete transfers, it's pathetic they've not got this one over the line yet. Pay the money, show the world we mean business.

I agree with not paying £24m, why should we give them full value of what they paid for their own reject?

Logic dictates his value should have fallen and anything north of £20m is very reasonable.

The issue if we don't sign him, is not that we refused to meet Utd's asking price, it would potentially be more that we haven't used the time to identify other alternatives.

I didn't agree with Koeman's comments about telling the board the players he wanted and not pursuing any others. That seems like a recipe to repeat last summer to me. A club must always have Plan B, you don't sign just anyone but if we do 1000's of hours of scouting and analysis on players it's pretty short-sighted not to give yourself alternatives.

I would have hoped that, in the 4 months since our failures in the last transfer window, we would have been working non-stop to have a number of suitable targets lined up. Let's get those other transfers done then, in the meantime (if they exist) instead of spending the whole window haggling over £2 million or whatever United want for their rejects.
Hopefully, next week will see us getting a few over the line.

Surely going out of the FA Cup, no European football en the danger of dropping a few places down the league with this incapable and lacklustre squad will cost more than the £2m less or more for Schneiderlin we seem to be haggling over?

Anyway expect him in no later than tuesday

I still expect us to sign him, this just seems to be the normal public haggling that seems par for the course these days.

Ultimately his value is what a buyer is prepared to pay. His book value to Utd has been decreasing since the day he joined them through amortisation regardless of inflation in the market.

£20m seems fair, if he signs for £22m I don't think there will be any complaints from either side.

I still expect us to sign him, this just seems to be the normal public haggling that seems par for the course these days.

Ultimately his value is what a buyer is prepared to pay. His book value to Utd has been decreasing since the day he joined them through amortisation regardless of inflation in the market.

£20m seems fair, if he signs for £22m I don't think there will be any complaints from either side.
What is worrying is both managers felt the need to tell someone to pull their finger out.

Was thinking that myself mate. Now we're out all the cups, a very, very slim chance of a top 6 place, would the club start thinking along the lines of instead of paying the inflated January prices for players now, keep the cash for the summer. Imagine the fumefest on here, me included.

Yes, that might be it imho. Seems it's always the next window doesn't it.

I have a sneaking suspicion there´s a wish to save money for the summer, and that the current squad will be good enough to stay where we are, 7th, while we won´t get higher up the table even if we do buy now in January. That might be why we won´t meet Utd price.
I don't think that at all.

I think the club want a big window.

I reckon it's all sorted. All the stuff in the press is so that it looks like everybody made an effort.

Was thinking that myself mate. Now we're out all the cups, a very, very slim chance of a top 6 place, would the club start thinking along the lines of instead of paying the inflated January prices for players now, keep the cash for the summer. Imagine the fumefest on here, me included.
If we're serious about breaking into the top 4 as quickly as possible and there is a need to completely overhaul the playing staff then surely it makes sense to get 3,4,5 players in this window who have time to bed in to the club under no real pressure (7th or 8th place finish, no cup competition) and 3 or 4 in the summer. It would be madness to ship out 8 players and bring 8 into the club in one window

I suspect there's a back up or two to Morgs, my interpretation was after those 2 or 3 then we wouldn't be prepared to settle for just anyone. I suspect that's what this Delaney chap was mentioned for.

My biggest worry is the fact we've still got the same inept ditherers trying to complete transfers, it's pathetic they've not got this one over the line yet. Pay the money, show the world we mean business.

That's what happens when we've still got Elstone & co still involved. I don't think Moshiri will clear him and the others out until the stadium plans are confirmed unfortunately.

That's what happens when we've still got Elstone & co still involved. I don't think Moshiri will clear him and the others out until the stadium plans are confirmed unfortunately.

But equally if we have another shocking window this time round, I think its fair to say heads will roll via Farhad's fury.

The way I see this is; we've just came into money in the summer. A few days ago everyone learned that even Usmanov wants his finger in our club behind the scenes. If we pay the asking price without messing about, just to 'get it sorted', when summer rolls around with news of a new stadium and top 4 aspirations and we get linked with anyone, their price will rocket. Steve Walsh or not, there will be no more bargains. Utd are holding out to appear stronger to the press, and the world, as are we. It will be done, for 24M like they want, but we can't appear to have jumped through hoops.

Or I feel there may be a slight possibility they're sorting a double deal out for Morgan and Depay.

Either way, the FA Cup exit was probably a good thing for us with what we know is needed in this window, just in case the board didn't believe RK and SW.

It will be 24m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back