Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he's scored exactly the same number of goals as Leroy Fer. He's not getting them out of relegation trouble and he's 31, so they are cashing in on someone they can replace relatively easily now.

Sigurdsson on the other hand is their best and most influential player. Six goals and six assists this season; the rest of their squad has managed nine assists combined. Since rejoining Swansea in summer 2014 he's played 93 games: 26 goals, 18 assists, 9 yellows, 1 red, and missed ONE game with an injury. He's definitely the type of player we should be looking at but Swansea would be insane to sell him for less than £30m UNLESS he's got a relegation release clause with a low fee.

As an aside, I'm astonished that some posters have questioned if Sigurdsson is good enough for us yet have suggested Wilshere as a viable target. In just 21 games this season Sigurdsson has scored and assisted more than Wilshere has EVER managed in a full season.

I don't think Sigurdsson would be a bad signing, but his goals and assists are mostly from set pieces - I think I posted in a different thread that there was a stat I read either earlier this season or maybe some point last season that he had contributed less than 10 assists from open play in his entire Premier League career.

He's a very decent player, but he isn't particularly quick, doesn't press particularly well (although I don't associate Swansea with being a particularly effective pressing side) would have little re-sale value as he's 27 (and even though we might have more money these days, we can't completely ignore FFP), but he would take us up a level or two from set pieces. He wouldn't be the worst signing I can think of, but think we need to consider very carefully whether we should make him a big purchase considering we've already spent relatively big on Bolasie and Williams (neither of whom will have any real re-sale value) and seem about to do the same with 27 year old Schneiderlin.

Really don't know about this one. I can see both sides of the argument

The holdup in the deal is apparently down to that asteroid that made a close approach to the Earth missing; if it had been predicted to hit last night we would have signed him two nights ago. The astronomers employed by Kenwright have predicted a second and much larger asteroid to make close approach or hit at around 12pm on Thursday, so expect an announcement (either on this or the new ground, or in the event that it will certainly hit and wipe out billions of lives, both) before then.

The holdup in the deal is apparently down to that asteroid that made a close approach to the Earth missing; if it had been predicted to hit last night we would have signed him two nights ago. The astronomers employed by Kenwright have predicted a second and much larger asteroid to make close approach or hit at around 12pm on Thursday, so expect an announcement (either on this or the new ground, or in the event that it will certainly hit and wipe out billions of lives both) before then.
No way Kenwright would have astronomers, astrologers maybe!

Have WBA and United done some sort of deal behind the scenes where they bid for a player they know they can't get and get something else in return?

Or perhaps my paranoia has a firm grip now.

Ditto England in 1966.

Not even comparable

The winner of the 66 World Cup was always going to be one of England, Portugal, Germany or Russia, and England did just enough to squeeze over the line, and they did it fairly (The second Hurst goal has been proven to be over the line)

Argentina weren't even going to get to the final in 78 until Peru laid down for them, and then they did every dirty trick under the sun to beat the Dutch in the Final and got away with it because they were hosts

England Vs Germany was a good football match between two good teams and England just happened to be the better on the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back