Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we all just agree that if we'd signed Schneiderlin for the exact same money and the exact same point in the season but Martinez was still manager that Dave would be very much in favour of it, where as all the people who hated Martinez would probably see a problem with it, and the rest of us would be cautiously sitting on the fence in fear of being vaulted, and just get on with our lives please?

Cheers

With that said, welcome Morgan, I'm rooting for you ;)
No.

I think he's a good signing like.

Can we all just agree that if we'd signed Schneiderlin for the exact same money and the exact same point in the season but Martinez was still manager that Dave would be very much in favour of it, where as all the people who hated Martinez would probably see a problem with it, and the rest of us would be cautiously sitting on the fence in fear of being vaulted, and just get on with our lives please?

Cheers

With that said, welcome Morgan, I'm rooting for you ;)
This seems sensible, cheers mikey I feel calm again now

I've told you the model we have to adopt. If you think it to be contradictory/nonsensical there's not much I can do to persuade you otherwise.

Your 'max the credit card' approach tallies with your views from the near past that we should have bankrupted ourselves on Yarmolenko, so at least you ARE being consistent in that respect.

Your point of view entirely hinges around the owner being a fraud with hollow promises though Dave, such as the repeated comments about him not going to invest, sell to buy etc.

As for Yarmolenko - yeah mate we shoudl have signed him for the 6-7m or so extra to what we paid for Niasse - would you disagree on that?

Players subsequently suffered injury after injury but that can happen to anyone

I've told you the model we have to adopt. If you think it to be contradictory/nonsensical there's not much I can do to persuade you otherwise.

Your 'max the credit card' approach tallies with your views from the near past that we should have bankrupted ourselves on Yarmolenko, so at least you ARE being consistent in that respect.

(Think Dave has me on ignore)

Whether you admit it or not now, we all know that if we did adopt this approach you'd be he first person in line to slate Moshiri for not putting his hand in his pocket - in fact you've already been critical because we only spent the Stones money in the summer

The least you could do is go back and delete your old posts on this before you spout your latest line of criticism

Your point of view entirely hinges around the owner being a fraud with hollow promises though Dave, such as the repeated comments about him not going to invest, sell to buy etc.

As for Yarmolenko - yeah mate we shoudl have signed him for the 6-7m or so extra to what we paid for Niasse - would you disagree on that?

Players subsequently suffered injury after injury but that can happen to anyone
I dont say he's a fraud (Moshiri). I say he's here with a vastly different and more conservative plan than those who see him as our Jack Walker. He isn't and he wont be, and we need to be a lot more prudent with the cash than Koeman is being at the moment.

Arsed at all about the fee paid or the lack of sell on fee we will receive from this transfer.
The only poster whinging about these things is the same guy who would be the first to bash the club for not spending any money.

Football is on it's arse money-wise. United just paid £89m for a fella who dabs for a living.... lest we forget.

Now is the time to get in proven players to upgrade on what we have already all over the pitch. (bar from a select few who are decent enough to stay) Once we have done that and narrowed the gap between us and the top 6 teams then we can look to play moneyball with unknowns. That should then allow us to have an income boost when we sell the talent that we do not need at a profit, helping to fund bigger buys in the future.

As long as the club live within its means - how much Moshiri wants to put in, the tv deals, player sales and other income then what's the problem?

Schneiderlin is exactly what we need, a player who is probably 10% better than anything we already have in that position. Do that 3 or 4 more times and then we may have a side that can do what we all should want most here which is win some silverware.

I dont say he's a fraud (Moshiri). I say he's here with a vastly different and more conservative plan than those who see him as our Jack Walker. He isn't and he wont be, and we need to be a lot more prudent with the cash than Koeman is being at the moment.

For a minute I thought I was in the wrong thread - can we just have a moaning thread please, so at least I we can read relevant stuff related to subject

Now is the time to get in proven players to upgrade on what we have already all over the pitch. (bar from a select few who are decent enough to stay) Once we have done that and narrowed the gap between us and the top 6 teams then we can look to play moneyball with unknowns. That should then allow us to have an income boost when we sell the talent that we do not need at a profit, helping to fund bigger buys in the future.

As long as the club live within its means - how much Moshiri wants to put in, the tv deals, player sales and other income then what's the problem?

Schneiderlin is exactly what we need, a player who is probably 10% better than anything we already have in that position. Do that 3 or 4 more times and then we may have a side that can do what we all should want most here which is win some silverware.
He's probably double the player that Barry is nowadays, and Barry is the second best option in midfield for us in that position. This is an excellent signing, make no bones about it!

Reactions: JLW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back