Moshiri v Kenwright. Is There a Split At the Top?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't a stretch to think Moshiri had the fingers pointed at him for prior sackings, some signings and the whole Benitez saga as a reason the club hasn't moved forward. Perhaps he gave his word he wouldn't interfere with the running of the club to see if that did turn things around.
I think you're right, the infamous strategic review probably highlighted that Moshiri meddling was a factor in the chaos and that is now a convenient document he can hide behind to avoid making a decision.

It all stems back to the same problem, lack of leadership from the outset. First thing you do, audit the board, bring in your own chairman and CEO with relevant experience of running a successful elite sporting organisation. Second thing you do, make sure that they put a clear structure in place. Third thing you do, let them remove the manager and employ a manager with at least 5 years experience of successful club management in the top division of a major football league, and preferably with experience of turning a sleeping giant around, or turning a habitual mid-table club into a trophy winner or regular European qualifier. After you've done all of that, you give them a good budget to work with and allow them to get on with their job.

None of this happened, and therefore Moshiri needs to sell the club to someone with the common sense to do this.

As for a split, he fell for Kenwright's bs so I very much doubt that they are best mates now.

No two people will ever agree completely on anything.

The problem at Everton is that the football side has been hampered by interference from above and the business side by incompetence and Kenwright's need to remain and control the appointments.

Moshiri has chosen the wrong managers and Kenwright has kept the wrong administrators, including himself.

It was never going to work. I don't think it would have worked either if it was solely Moshiri and his own appointees running things. He has shown himself to be unfit and we already knew Kenwright was.

Everything about the arrangement was to the detriment of the club.

It isn't a stretch to think Moshiri had the fingers pointed at him for prior sackings, some signings and the whole Benitez saga as a reason the club hasn't moved forward. Perhaps he gave his word he wouldn't interfere with the running of the club to see if that did turn things around.
I wonder if he was hinting it was the sporting director's decision?
Thelwall might be the man to do the hiring and fireing?

I wonder if he was hinting it was the sporting director's decision?
Thelwall might be the man to do the hiring and fireing?

….but historically the DoF at Everton isn’t a DoF in the truest sense of the word.

We know Steve Walsh amazingly stated he brought in his own players as did Koeman. Walsh said whoever of them initiated a deal, negotiated it. What a shambles. We know Benitez refused to even speak with Brands and ultimately forced him out. We know Thelwell calls himself a ‘Line Manager’.

it’s difficult to believe the DoF wields significant power at Everton, if he did at least we’d have somebody to blame.

The big problem moshiris got with not being involved in the decision to replace the manager is if it's in the others hands its not costing them the best part of £500m if we go down.

….but historically the DoF at Everton isn’t a DoF in the truest sense of the word.

We know Steve Walsh amazingly stated he brought in his own players as did Koeman. Walsh said whoever of them initiated a deal, negotiated it. What a shambles. We know Benitez refused to even speak with Brands and ultimately forced him out. We know Thelwell calls himself a ‘Line Manager’.

it’s difficult to believe the DoF wields significant power at Everton, if he did at least we’d have somebody to blame.
I don't know mate.
Only sense I could make out of his statement was that.

The dynamic of the board is very easy to see. Moshiri doesn't have any of his people on the board. Bill has played this game his whole time he's been at the club. He's got himself surrounded by his people. The [Poor language removed] has hit the fan so it's self preservation time and Bill's got himself covered.

Seen situations in work previouly where an underperforming team develops into a mutual appreciation society and this may be the case with the board.

DBB and Sharp wouldn't have been appointed based on their experience had a proper recruitment process been run, instead it was more of the same old same old with Bill. Appointing sycophants rather than competence. No doubt that they both probably work hard within the confines of their abilities and no doubt either that they love Everton and want to be successful. The fact that they are there assures some loyalty to Bill.

Much of the critism that could be levelled at the board could have been said (and was) pre Moshiri. Different faces around the table but same one at the helm.

Moshiri has been utterly horrendous and this had provided an opportunity for him to be held up as a human shield to protect the board. He isn't interested in the club and appointing a new board will mean a greater involvement at least in the short term, and they need him to brief against in an attempt to save their own skin. A real unhappy marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.