MOTD - There HAS to be a kopite in the editing booth

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFUS

Anustart
Last on MOTD. Fair enough. It was a [Poor language removed] game.

However, the way they showed it, it was like Stoke dominated the game. The same Stoke that in the aftermatch stats had a third of the possession, and 0 shots on target.

And they make plenty of their disallowed goal but they don't even SHOW our penalty appeal. Nevermind discuss it, they didn't even bloody show it!

I know the program's never really been too keen on us (the only times we ever get decent coverage is when we shock them and beat a top side... and then they spend the post-match analysis talking about where Chelsea went wrong, or where United went wrong...), but it still, really pisses me off. Especially as they always have at least one kopite on the sofas at all times, and the closest thing we have is Lineker -- who in all my years watching it has never once even talked about Everton like he'd ever even been to the city, never mind like he'd playied for the fecking club.

I know I shouldn't get worked up, this is old news, but it still pisses me off. On the positive side though, Spuds and city both lost. That table at the end looked much beter. :p

It's not surprising to be honest. The average Londoner thinks London is a country, most of their pundits are boring, Gary Lineker is boring and the only two people on the show who know anything about Everton are ex-Liverpool.

Sky could do it better in about five minutes.

I was thinking the same thing, the Spurs highlights where even worse.

Lawro, for all the stick he gets, is the only one who'll give a decent opinion on us.

Lawro, for all the stick he gets, is the only one who'll give a decent opinion on us.

On the beeb, yes.

Paul Merson is excellent for us on sky.

Andy Gray never seems to show the kind of bias every other pundits shows for their ex-teams, but he's still alright imo.

Paul Merson seems to be the only one that takes even a slight interest in us, though.

Its the same every week , the spurs games was was a joke they showed 10 spurs attacks to 1 of ours .

Lineker is a tool despite playing in the best team he ever played in he never gives us a mention i ******* hate the ****

On the beeb, yes.

Paul Merson is excellent for us on sky.

Andy Gray never seems to show the kind of bias every other pundits shows for their ex-teams, but he's still alright imo.

Paul Merson seems to be the only one that takes even a slight interest in us, though.

The only person I can't handle on Sky is Richard Keys. To be fair his years of experience have made him a good presenter, but he just comes across as a [Poor language removed].

Andy Gray is alright, has a clue and loves football. Jamie Redknapp was good when he first started but has become a bit of a caricature of himself. Again, you can tell he loves football. He is massively biased towards Liverpool tho. Jeff Stelling is ridiculously good at his job and generally pretty fair. Merson is good and entertaining. Le Tiss is decent, probably the best at judging if a goal was actually good or not. Phil Thompson is obviously also biased, but again knows his stuff. Charlie Nicholas is a bit iffy, sometimes gets things plain wrong and is massively biased towards Arsenal.

As I always say, the Spanish football coverage on Sky is the best of any in the UK.

I thought it funny when Yak scored the commentator said something like It had been coming when I think it was our only attack shown utter biased bastards

I haven't watched motd for about 8 years. YouTube and skysports (for my sins) provide all I need - Alan shearer an lawro? Don't insult my intelligence...

Was pretty unbelievable even by MOTD standards. I don't think Stoke managed a shot on target other than Tuncay's disallowed effort, and MOTD still managed to make it look like we were lucky as hell.

I haven't watched motd for about 8 years. YouTube and skysports (for my sins) provide all I need - Alan shearer an lawro? Don't insult my intelligence...

Likewise mate, football first on sky is the one. You get an hour of highlights, which is pretty much everything bar the rolling around and arguing.

a bit of motd history for yerz. brian barwell was chief editor at itv, then bbc got the footy contract and mr barwell moved over to being motd editor, then he moved to the FA. brian barwell is a l`pool fan and previous season ticket holder at castle greyskull. please feel free to correct my memory if i`ve gotten anything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.