MOTD V Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullensRoad

Player Valuation: £15m
From what was a decent game; can't help but feel the review was absolutely shocking even from the usual standards

Eze penalty shout should never have happened and also missed out a few second yellows after his dive.

But even Linekar made out he was hard down by despite being the neutral host.

I think there was contact but Eze made a meal of it with the way he threw himself to the ground. Can’t stand this seemingly accepted wisdom you always hear from commentators and pundits that ‘he was entitled to do down there’, or even worse when they describe it as clever play, so good on the official for pulling him up on it. Besides, it evens out Niasses retrospective ban from a few years ago which was also against Palace, still makes my piss boil that one.

Someone needs to inform the “expert” pundit and anodyne flannel spouting Jermaine Jenas, that football is a contact sport so just because there is contact doesn’t mean a player has to swan dive afterwards when that particular contact was minimal at best. He also needs to know that the Everton squad doesn’t currently contain any player by the surname of Braithwaite.
Everton are an afterthought at best, except to Evertonians. Balls to them

Thought highlights were fair enough, no great outcry over the penalty, they agreed that thought Jarred clipped him, and imo he left a silly leg out same as for the 1st one.
Thought the pundits spoke favourably of us tbh

Someone needs to inform the “expert” pundit and anodyne flannel spouting Jermaine Jenas, that football is a contact sport so just because there is contact doesn’t mean a player has to swan dive afterwards when that particular contact was minimal at best. He also needs to know that the Everton squad doesn’t currently contain any player by the surname of Braithwaite.
Everton are an afterthought at best, except to Evertonians. Balls to them
It's not just Jenas, it's all pundits and all commentators. As far as they are concerned "contact" is everything. It has no basis in the laws of the game but it's bandied about as if it's some sort of slam dunk. And, sadly, it sort of is. The well is poisoned.

Wasn't MOTD but a pet peeve on mine is commentators mistaking a black player for another and just...carrying on like they didn't make that mistake.

The guy on Optus mistook Doucoure for Young when he got booked, he somehow also forgot about that booking later when saying that a Palace player was the first booking of the game. They already have nothing interesting to say the least they could do is be accurate.

Wasn't MOTD but a pet peeve on mine is commentators mistaking a black player for another and just...carrying on like they didn't make that mistake.

The guy on Optus mistook Doucoure for Young when he got booked, he somehow also forgot about that booking later when saying that a Palace player was the first booking of the game. They already have nothing interesting to say the least they could do is be accurate.
Yep, I clocked that too.

Yep the same thing I watched.

The high foot? Shocking.

Also a few times palace players did anything they got the players incorrect.

They must be reading a book or something and whenever the crowd makes a noise they just jump to the easiest conclusion, I'm a bit surprised we haven't heard noise about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.