Transfer Rumour Moussa Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feels like we have strongly sniffed around him nearly as many times as Yarmalenko over the years. He might finally “settle” for Everton, after accepting his level, assuming a chunky singing on bonus and becoming our biggest salary I imagine. Feels weird and a bit desperate for some reason.

But yes. Take all our money and put ball in net please. If we could tie a proven decent striker like this up before pre-season, if nothing else it would stop us buying someone utterly slow and awful.

3 in 28 in France and couldnt get a game. Dont think im gambling our meagre budget paying his wages and expecting him to suddenly turn into a goal machine in an average team in a much harder league for strikers. Pass.

They got lacazette on a free when his arsenal contract expired, so his 28 appearances were mainly as a sub IIRC. Clearly fell out of favour with management.

I’d get him in so long as his wages were like 75k absolute tops.

Didn't he have a heart attack and subsequently stop scoring goals?

[edit] Never mind, could have sworn he did. Maybe that was the headlines at the time? Apparently he just fainted;

1686133952377.png

I've seen him a few times at Celtic park. And I couldn't understand why we weren't after him then. Excellent player IM0. 20m striker on a free is a steal but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to another club playing in Europe next season.

For free worth taking a chance on has scored goals in France and still got a few years in him. Weghorst is on the decline as a player id take dembele every day over weghorst.

Didn't he have a heart attack and subsequently stop scoring goals?

[edit] Never mind, could have sworn he did. Maybe that was the headlines at the time? Apparently he just fainted;

apparently, and he went on to have his best scoring season the year after. Apparently it was last year where his form dipped. On a free he's got to be worth a punt and like others have said, we appear to have been sniffing around him for a year or so. If he's a target we should have already done the ground work (if we were run like a proper club).

Are there many better out there on a free?

Status
Not open for further replies.