Moyes as interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would welcome moyes back until the end of the season with open arms. However it just wont work.
The secret to Moysies success was that he ran the club from top to bottom. Everyone reported to Moyes.
This meant that everyone who was bought was done so to share the same work ethos as Moyes. To share the same vision of taking Everton from bottom 4 fighters to top four contenders. Moyes took the plaudits but everyone knew were to aim the blame when it wasnt working.

This director of football model has not worked since day one. Talks of Koeman and Walsh having turns in picking players to buy, it seems that the same applies with Brands and Silva. We lost Gana and Zouma then chased Zaha when im 99.9% sure that Silva would of wanted proven replacements for the Centre Half and Midfield positions.

Does anybody think that Moyes would even want to work under that never mind succeed?

Silva should be sacked but im afraid Marcel also has to shoulder the blame. Sack the Director of football role altogether.

We need organising. Our players cannot play in the manner Silva wants. Silva is unable to change his tactics to fit what he has. We need a manager who can correct the faultlines throughout the spine of our team.

I think Mina and Holgate and Keane would all benefit from playing to Moyes style and we'd be defensively more sound. Don't know what he'd do with our midfield though - I'm not sure that any manager could get more than a mid-table competent performance out of them. The attacking options should be able to perform satisfactorily given any half decent manager who allows them to be released quickly.

Moyes could get this team performing decently if unspectacularly in my opinion. I wouldn't want him back normally, but if there is no one available I'd take him back for the rest of the season. This is about the first time I have ever thought this. I wouldn't want to see Unsworth as a caretaker option for anything more than a few days (as is being suggested on this forum as a distinct possibility), and if we haven't done the background work, then I'd take Moyes for the time being. The only thing I am sure is that Silva has run his course now.

Based on your comments, the real answer would be to get Big Sam back till the end of the season. Myself, I think Mosh should be talking to Poch with a pile of money on the table. THATS ambition.

Based on your comments, the real answer would be to get Big Sam back till the end of the season. Myself, I think Mosh should be talking to Poch with a pile of money on the table. THATS ambition.
That is should be what he is doing but like you said ‘that’s ambition” but this “is Everton “

Thats because Allardyce wasn't good enough and you can't deny that. People are seriously mad if they wanted him to stay. We haven't really took a continental approach, would you consider appointing managers from relegation fodder teams in the prem a continental approach?. Your basically advocating for a proper manager in the same mould as Moyes who isn't continental. Would love to know who you would have.

What has Silva done since he came here that Allardyce couldnt have done? We are still playing a crap style of football, yes its different to Allardyce, but its still crap. At least we played crap football but got results under Sam, now we play crap football and get turned over by relegation fodder at home!! We also had a bit of fight and desire which i dont see any signs of at the moment and thats what hurts the most!

I would welcome moyes back until the end of the season with open arms. However it just wont work.
The secret to Moysies success was that he ran the club from top to bottom. Everyone reported to Moyes.
This meant that everyone who was bought was done so to share the same work ethos as Moyes. To share the same vision of taking Everton from bottom 4 fighters to top four contenders. Moyes took the plaudits but everyone knew were to aim the blame when it wasnt working.

This director of football model has not worked since day one. Talks of Koeman and Walsh having turns in picking players to buy, it seems that the same applies with Brands and Silva. We lost Gana and Zouma then chased Zaha when im 99.9% sure that Silva would of wanted proven replacements for the Centre Half and Midfield positions.

Does anybody think that Moyes would even want to work under that never mind succeed?

Silva should be sacked but im afraid Marcel also has to shoulder the blame. Sack the Director of football role altogether.

I agree with msot of this - I think Moyes needed time to implement his policy, and run things in a longer-term way. This is why he's failed at the 4 clubs he's been at cos he couldn't show instant improvement.

We need a magical solution of a manager who has instant improvement - i.e. someone with tactics and a big influence - and someone with a more long-term approach. But that latterskill is supposed to be Brands' job, and I don't think we should give up on theDoF approach just yet, because weare supposed to have had avision and Brands is definitely not a one season fix appointment .

I'd prefer Poch! It's only a feeling of desperation that is pushing me to Moyes. I better check how wet my bed is!

Moyes has had success as a relegation fighter at West Ham, Sociedad, here and Preston.

The idea he needs years at a club to have an impact is totally flawed to me.

I agree with msot of this - I think Moyes needed time to implement his policy, and run things in a longer-term way. This is why he's failed at the 4 clubs he's been at cos he couldn't show instant improvement.

We need a magical solution of a manager who has instant improvement - i.e. someone with tactics and a big influence - and someone with a more long-term approach. But that latterskill is supposed to be Brands' job, and I don't think we should give up on theDoF approach just yet, because weare supposed to have had avision and Brands is definitely not a one season fix appointment .

I want Brands to work out so bad but i just dont see Everton being suited to a DoF model. I know that sounds crazy but our best periods come from a manager who is trusted to run the club and leave the businessmen to run the finances. I think thats why Bill is still here, Moshiri doesnt claim to be a footballing messiah so he relies on Bill for advice 'who knows the club inside out' type of advisor role.

Brands failure to replace Zouma and Gana far outweigh his ability to get rid of some of the deadwood one way or another.
Moyes is not the answer, worrying thing is i dont know who is!!!

Benitez is a good shout, would work under brands with financial backing.
Howe - decent but abit like Martinez has a patchy record defensively.
Allardyce - Should of kept for a season to steady the ship - one boring season to plant the seeds for the next 3-5 years.
Moyes another decent shout for stability but ultimately wont work under the DoF model.
Hughes - giving my season ticket up if he joins. 110% no.
Pochettino - not happening.
Jorge Jesus - Just won the libatadores with Flamengo, bring Gerson with him. Boss with Benfica who struggled since IMO. Language barrier?
Arteta - We cannot gamble our premier league status with him. See where he is in a few years time then decide.

Not sure who else we can look at. Ideas?

He showed instant improvement at West Ham, Sociedad, here and Preston though.

Moyes has had success as a relegation fighter at West Ham, Sociedad, here and Preston.

The idea he needs years at a club to have an impact is totally flawed to me.

People need to take into account that Sociedad were struggling, Sunderland were struggling and West Ham were struggling.
Why people use 'relegation fights' as a stick to beat him with baffles me. He had the balls for the fight whilst the foreign managerial stars wouldnt risk their reputation to prove they had the very same balls.

Things are aligning for Moyes to return, and that would have seemed absurd even a few weeks ago.

He may deliver stability and/or improvement, but on a broader level his limitations are clear to see.

What will bring him back here is a combination of desperation and fatigue.

The absolute state of us now. I can't believe things have come to this.

We plunge from the ridiculous to the ridiculous. It was never funny, but now is frightening.

I want Brands to work out so bad but i just dont see Everton being suited to a DoF model. I know that sounds crazy but our best periods come from a manager who is trusted to run the club and leave the businessmen to run the finances. I think thats why Bill is still here, Moshiri doesnt claim to be a footballing messiah so he relies on Bill for advice 'who knows the club inside out' type of advisor role.

Brands failure to replace Zouma and Gana far outweigh his ability to get rid of some of the deadwood one way or another.
Moyes is not the answer, worrying thing is i dont know who is!!!

Benitez is a good shout, would work under brands with financial backing.
Howe - decent but abit like Martinez has a patchy record defensively.
Allardyce - Should of kept for a season to steady the ship - one boring season to plant the seeds for the next 3-5 years.
Moyes another decent shout for stability but ultimately wont work under the DoF model.
Hughes - giving my season ticket up if he joins. 110% no.
Pochettino - not happening.
Jorge Jesus - Just won the libatadores with Flamengo, bring Gerson with him. Boss with Benfica who struggled since IMO. Language barrier?
Arteta - We cannot gamble our premier league status with him. See where he is in a few years time then decide.

Not sure who else we can look at. Ideas?
Benitez is a power hungry trouble-maker. The idea he would be content is laughable given his past antics at Valencia, Liverpool, Newcastle and even Inter.

If he was doingwell for a spell he would use it as leverage to force Brands out. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.