Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the betting on this has been crazy when no real info has been out there. just out of interest does anyone know what would happen if none of the people stated in betting got appointed. There was a cricket match were the bookies didn't put a price on a tie and had to give all the money back when it was. assume its too risky for bookies to say give 2 to 1 for any other manager so assume that is why some even giving prices for Robbie Fowler. There must be a couple people not even been listed in the betting who could get it. Would everyone get their cash back if Hibbert was given job or doesn't it work that way.

Everyone with money down would lose.

The guy who came into our place and placed a bet on Davie Weir on Monday..has just placed even more money on him..(This came from one of the local players at the weekend)

I truly hope we go for someone whose mantra is attacking football that suits our motto "nuffink but the best yada"
Not an industrial up north manager as per Billy liars recent quote...

I still cant fathom that either mate. The only explanations are that he's agreed to go to OT with Moyes or he's agreed to offer experienced to a rookie manager in our dugout. If it's neither he should resign as it's the biggest insult to the man you can imagine.

But if it does go internal we're all just speculating who's first in the queue, there's been nothing substantial said from the club to suggest that Stubbs for example has more chance of getting the job over Steve Round (i'm ignoring the betting market) so is it simply makebelieve ITK stories about Stubbs that have elevated him to the most likely internal appointment??

As for Round going to UTD, Moyes may want him to go but if Kenwright bends his ear and says that he wants him to take the everton job then you'd expect he'd take it, so I dont think the Utd link is that relevant at the moment

The guy who came into our place and placed a bet on Davie Weir on Monday..has just placed even more money on him..(This came from one of the local players at the weekend)

I truly hope we go for someone whose mantra is attacking football that suits our motto "nuffink but the best yada"
Not an industrial up north manager as per Billy liars recent quote...
Well, it will be removed from the new badge so I guess we can forget that motto now, as well as the people's club (which was a load of bollocks anyway).

Badly Landon Donovan this thread...

I'd be pretty disappointed if we appoint internally but I'll support them even though we could probably do better, we don't have to bow to this 'plucky old Everton' image and appoint someone to keep us bobbing along nicely in 6th-8th for the next few years.

Badly Landon Donovan this thread...

I'd be pretty disappointed if we appoint internally but I'll support them even though we could probably do better, we don't have to bow to this 'plucky old Everton' image and appoint someone to keep us bobbing along nicely in 6th-8th for the next few years.

I on the other hand will be apoplectic with rage if we go for an internal appointment

Your theory might end up being bang on the money, but it also might end up being well wide of the mark - we'll see.

But in the interim there's a certain irony to your comment there, as you're peddling something that has no basis in fact, & yet you're decrying wind ups on here & claiming the club are making mugs of us all - again, with nothing to back it up. So you're just as bad as those you're pointing the finger at....
I resent that. Please don't place me in that category. I'm not offering ITK info or anything like it...never claimed to have. The clues are all there though as said. The heavy emphasis on internal appointments from the outset and continuity; the interviews restricted to internals; the slow reduction of those down to pretty much two with Weir and Stubbs; the signing of Osman before he got off on holiday; the continued presence of Moyes about the club to hand over in a seamless change (no way would he be hanging around for a new team to step in, imo). As soon as Martinez signs for another club I think we'll see the end of this charade and Weir will be presented as the *logical continuity* appointment....the feller looking to be Falkirk's manager back in March. Amazing and at the same time predictable by a clueless board of directors like Everton's who are both skint and terrified to be led by the nose into handing over the keys to the manager's office to Alan Stubbs assistant with the U21s. But that's Kenwright's Everton for you all over: pathetic.

Everyone with money down would lose.
that is what I would have thought but some big bookies just forgot to offer a price on the tie during a test match. usually would be some crazy price like 1000 to 1 but they didn't openly offer it so they were told all bets were void. the way round it is normally put a token price on any other bet, but don't see that listed anywhere. you probably right though but some are listing anyone they can think of at about 1000 to 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back