Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we get one if those three , why are there no other Options , why is it moyes of relegation ?

I'm far from convinced moyes will go and I'm not banging for him to move on but why is the only option him or one of these nitemare scenarios ? It's like there is nobody else could fill his shoes , when we appointed moyes his cv highlight was promotion from League 1 not exactly a champions league winners medal is it ? Moyes has done a good job but the idea it'd be like sacking mourinho or Ferguson or close to home catterick or Kendall in his prime seems just ridiculous to me .

As regards being highly rated by his peers he has won the LMA award twice the same as Steve coppell and look at some of the other illustrious names there Danny Wilson , Dave jones , George burley and last years winner alan pardew

So much sense.

Has Rafael been mentioned. I don't mind him too much now and he certainly seems to be doing well at Chelsea.
How would others feel or would there be riots?

Yes mate he has been mentioned. It was in the 'Dya know anyone for a spare bag of clobber' thread started by Pavarotti's wife.

How about Oliver Beerhoff? He is classed as the general manager of the German national side but from all accounts he seems to do the pr side etc. maybe we would have an outside chance of tempting him into club management. He seems well respected in the game and has been around the German setup whilst they have been playing their best football in years. He would bring the German winning mentality with him also. Bit of an outside bet, but I'd rather an attempted appointment like this rather than Mackay/Martinez etc.

His name's a combination of my second favourite thing and the most epic actor of his generation from the worlds most watched show.

For that reason I'm in!

Why would we get one if those three , why are there no other Options , why is it moyes of relegation ?

I'm far from convinced moyes will go and I'm not banging for him to move on but why is the only option him or one of these nitemare scenarios ? It's like there is nobody else could fill his shoes , when we appointed moyes his cv highlight was promotion from League 1 not exactly a champions league winners medal is it ? Moyes has done a good job but the idea it'd be like sacking mourinho or Ferguson or close to home catterick or Kendall in his prime seems just ridiculous to me .

As regards being highly rated by his peers he has won the LMA award twice the same as Steve coppell and look at some of the other illustrious names there Danny Wilson , Dave jones , George burley and last years winner alan pardew

There is no more to say than this to be honest.

I'm not sure Catterick or Kendall could repeat what Moyes has done on a budget. We were the Mersey Millionaires for ****s sake.

I'm not sure Catterick or Kendall could repeat what Moyes has done on a budget. We were the Mersey Millionaires for ****s sake.

I appreciate the premise and do sort of know what your saying but those two won trophies here and Kendall built probably one of the most underrated sides of recent years that was the first English team to be given the prestigious European Team of the year award .

Two titles , a FA Cup and the only European Trophy in our history , it's staggering to me how many rate moyes higher or dismiss Howard as this or that . Kendall was a winner and our most succesful manager ever , we laugh at the RS for the way they deify the likes of Dalglish but the fact we are almost totally the opposite certainly irritates me .

could do alot worse than martin oneill or big sam, always thought they would do well at a top club. i'm not too fond of this 'lets get a fancy foreign manager just because they're foreign'... though i have to say LAUDrUP would be a quality manager for us to have. could actually inspire our lads for the big games - thats what swanseas cup win was down to if u ask me, he was a world class player and did it on the big stage. sometimes u need that to inspire

replacing a winner like moyes is always going to be difficult though

could do alot worse than martin oneill or big sam, always thought they would do well at a top club. i'm not too fond of this 'lets get a fancy foreign manager just because they're foreign'... though i have to say LAUDrUP would be a quality manager for us to have. could actually inspire our lads for the big games - thats what swanseas cup win was down to if u ask me, he was a world class player and did it on the big stage. sometimes u need that to inspire

replacing a winner like moyes is always going to be difficult though

tumblr_m5zd4sLMDu1rsj9hco1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back