Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been on a stoke forum and a guy placed bets on us to be relegated if we get Martinez. Stupid rugby fool.

They should be worried about their own manager who been sacked twice for wasting a lot of money, didn't he take QPR down and brought SWP and gave him another huge contract.

Ok so if it IS martinez like most think, would people want a sporting director installed over him...?

Nope, not that I fully understand the role that a sporting director would have at Everton as their responsibilities seem to differ so much between football clubs. But from what I have come to believe, some of Martinez's best selling points are that he can perform both task (manager and director) better than most, due to his transfer market prowess and his business acumen. Maybe his one major weakness in the director respect is his youth promotion results did not seem that flash....

To be fair if we have bad injuries and Martinez doesn't do well with what little funds we will give him, we could be in for a very long season.

Nope, not that I fully understand the role that a sporting director would have at Everton as their responsibilities seem to differ so much between football clubs. But from what I have come to believe, some of Martinez's best selling points are that he can perform both task (manager and director) better than most, due to his transfer market prowess and his business acumen. Maybe his one major weakness in the director respect is his youth promotion results did not seem that flash....

Not very good at winning games either is another weakness

I bought FM13, edited Everton, gave us Moutinho, made him the best player in the World CA 200 PA 200, won the League in my first Season.

Easy.

vKNqY89.jpg

Makes you wonder how moyes made the whole job look so difficult really

I'm more than happy with Martinez, and similarly with Pereira or Ragnick (although the latter two based on what I've read rather than what I've actually witnesses).
Martinez, despite the haters already knocking him before he's even got here, is a football man - tactically more expansive than Moyes and equally good at man management -in truth I've yet to hear or read anything negative in that sense from anyone who has worked and/or played with/against him professionally. These days if here's anything negative whatsoever the media sniff it out and publicise it.....with Martinez that simply hasn't occurred, which for Everton should be considered a massive plus point.
It's clear that he his offensively very innovative and capable of developing that style within players. Moyes was to a point, but the centre-half mentality in him always stopped his team going that step more offensive, even though defensively his team in the whole was excellent. It's almost the direct opposite of each other -one offensively good defensively poor, the other offensively limited defensively spot on. The big bonus for me with Martinez is that the squad needs developing in the offensive area where he is really good - we know the players have it in them based on some very impressive forward-thinking attacking football played in spells over the last two years. Martinez, if he comes will have the likes of Mirallas, Coleman, Baines, Pienaar, Jelavic, Big Vic and Vellios to work with -all very able offensively. The rest of the squad are undoubtedly well-versed defensively -and if he were to keep two of, or all three of Weir, Stubbs and Neville I think it would work work really, really well.
Top and bottom of it is he's going to be working with much better individual players, and will be hopefully attracting better players than he could attract to Wigan. I don't buy the notion that he got Wigan relegated therefore he's not good enough for Everrton - plenty of coaches/managers/players have been relegated and proved to be successful after it.
A Martinez as manager and Ragnick as DoF is very interesting... As is a Pereira and Ragnick partnership. It's a tough call for Bill whatever you think of him as a chairman, and one that he needs to take his time with as it simply has to be for the right reasons.

Is Ragnick the name Moyes recommended?

Martinez haters? WTF !....The guy just spent the past of 3 seasons in the drop zone and relegated his team.

Bill has a tough choice....oh poor bill and his penniless wallet...he has sniffed out martinez because he is a yes man.

That,s it nothing more nothing less. Fkin fans trying to make out that Bill is trying to be a kingmaker by him polishing up a turd and then selling it back to us that we should be so lucky.

Standards have fkin dropped at this club big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back