Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate all that but unfortunately there isn't one candidate who isn't a risk. Pereira has become flavour of the month on here but 99% of people if truthful know nothing about him. Martinez is going to come into a club in a football mad city that has much higher expectations then Wigan, a club that until 20 years ago were renowned for playing football on the carpet like he likes to play. He likes a youthful team and we have the best academy in the business in all age groups up until Moyes reluctance to bring them through to the first team. He is an honest and respectful man, something this club and the supporters require. We will not accept ********s leading us the way that shower love it. It just feels like this may fit.

If he has 2 seasons with a 25% win ratio by all means he should be let go but he deserves a chance as this club can change careers. Even now, not many players or managers pass through Everton without it gripping them. You don't here of many former everton players associated with other clubs. If he gets things right staff wise defensively then this could be a great appointment.

I am very optimistic, what's the worst that can happen? We start again

Good post.

In the past I was happy with Mike Walker due to what he had done with Norwich, ecstatic we had hired a league winner in Walter Smith and looked how they both turned out. I'm not very good at picking managers as I don't get to talk with them.

When we appointed Moyes, with Everton at a very low ebb in our history, I decided to just give him time. It's been a good decade for this club considering what went on the 15 years before Moyes. Whoever comes in is going to have their own way of doing things. Things will go wrong but hopefully a lot will go right. I don't buy into the Martinez took Wigan down argument. So did Klopp and Wegner with their previous teams. I just know that I'm looking forward to supporting whoever leads us next.

Good post.

In the past I was happy with Mike Walker due to what he had done with Norwich, ecstatic we had hired a league winner in Walter Smith and looked how they both turned out. I'm not very good at picking managers as I don't get to talk with them.

When we appointed Moyes, with Everton at a very low ebb in our history, I decided to just give him time. It's been a good decade for this club considering what went on the 15 years before Moyes. Whoever comes in is going to have their own way of doing things. Things will go wrong but hopefully a lot will go right. I don't buy into the Martinez took Wigan down argument. So did Klopp and Wegner with their previous teams. I just know that I'm looking forward to supporting whoever leads us next.

We need more of this type of stuff on here. Well in mate.

Pereira- what type of footy is his philosophy?

Rangnick.. Is he some sort of hoof ball expert?

I have no idea about the styles they will bring. I would read back to find out but 1290 pages in this thread, Game of Thrones is a lighter read.

I.e. Martinez.

Or even better, a manager who has won league titles back to back in a top European league - Pereira.
whatever, wouldn't mind Pereira but he not in my top 3, but that only cos I don't know much about him. I'm surprised Solskjaer hadn't been in the running. He got a lot of admirers such as Ferguson and Moyes.

Pereira- what type of footy is his philosophy?

Very strong defensively - the best defence in the Portugese league last season, only conceded 14 goals all season, also had a goal difference of +56.

Rangnick.. Is he some sort of hoof ball expert?

Lower league German manager. This is from the BBC site, August 2010:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/8816646.stm

Starting his career with VFB Stuttgart's amateur set-up, Ralf Rangnick had an uneventful playing career before taking over the reigns at SC Korb in the late 1980s.
A career based mainly around the lower divisions brought limited success, before he was given a crack at the Bundesliga in 1999 with former club Stuttgart.
After he was sacked in 2001, Rangnick spent three years in charge of Hannover 96, but it was the spell at Schalke 04 that made his name.
He led his team to near glory, finishing runners-up behind Bayern in that year's competition and securing champions league football for the first time.
But despite this, the following season went badly and Rangnick was on his way to Hoffenheim - dropping three divisions in the process.
Cynically known as the 'football professor' after an appearance on German television in the late 1990s that saw him explaining extensive football tactics on a blackboard, Rangnick showed once again his ability as a lower league manager, taking Hoffenheim to the top flight.

Not very inspiring.

whatever, wouldn't mind Pereira but he not in my top 3, but that only cos I don't know much about him. I'm surprised Solskjaer hadn't been in the running. He got a lot of admirers such as Ferguson and Moyes.

Him winning the Portuguese league 2 seasons running, losing 1 game in 2 seasons, and also having a decent run in the CL are pretty decent achievements. Solskjaer for all the hype is in the Norwegian leagues, that's like Welsh football only a bit more professional.

Him winning the Portuguese league 2 seasons running, losing 1 game in 2 seasons, and also having a decent run in the CL are pretty decent achievements. Solskjaer for all the hype is in the Norwegian leagues, that's like Welsh football only a bit more professional.
I'm aware of that but then you see similar records going back before him such as AVB and Jose. I just cant see some sexy dude from the seaside coming in and saving us. What does he know about us, does he know about our players, does he know how this club works, he worked under a different system to Moyes. That why I prefer Martinez cos he knows all of the above. But Pereria sounds better then Lennon and the rest of the ****e crowd.

I.e. Martinez.

Or even better, a manager who has won league titles back to back in a top European league - Pereira.

This

vitorpereira50.jpg

Team Pereira

I'm aware of that but then you see similar records going back before him such as AVB and Jose. I just cant see some sexy dude from the seaside coming in and saving us. What does he know about us, does he know about our players, does he know how this club works, he worked under a different system to Moyes. That why I prefer Martinez cos he knows all of the above. But Pereria sounds better then Lennon and the rest of the ****e crowd.

I don't think we need 'saving', I think we need someone with fresh ideas to give us a lift. There's stability at Everton, but I also think a few people are too comfortable, and an infusion of fresh blood and new faces could stop us dwelling on 'life after Moyes' with sad faces. Why opt for a step down, when you can instead just step in a different direction? Clearly Pereira is a winner and has something about him. Mourinho was/is a great manager, I doubt he knew massive amounts about Chelsea before he went there, ditto AVB. As far as 'how the club works' I'm not sure what you mean, other than 'we have no money to spend until we sell our best player, best of luck Vitor'. He'll be used to that though, as Porto had a similar philosophy/owners who didn't invest money into their club.

For me, it's Pereira, then maybe Martinez.

Last edited:
Very strong defensively - the best defence in the Portugese league last season, only conceded 14 goals all season, also had a goal difference of +56.

Lower league German manager. This is from the BBC site, August 2010:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/8816646.stm

Not very inspiring.

Rangnick reaching the Champions League Semi-final in 2011, after beating last year's winner, is pretty impressive, although he only took over the team in March.

ya know what though, enough is enough, we are Everton FFS

we should seriously be looking at someone who can deliver us a league title, it's been too long

stabilisation and progression, that's fkn great if we want to carry on like we have the last 25 or so years

we need some fkn glory here blues, I'll come out and say it, Vitor can probably get us what we want,

Martinez will try but won't achieve, he may get us further than we have in recent times

we need a fkn winner in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back