Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He only 39 !

I know, that's why I wrote he has 'potential'.

I was replying to Wat Tyler's post about Martinez' achievements being 'blown out of proportion'.

He's young and has already won the FA Cup.

Rangnick for all the plaudits has only really won lower league titles. I realise he has other attributes, but at age 54, he hasn't won much top level stuff. If he was English, he'd be a Dave Bassett/Neil Warnock figure. It's only because he's German that he's 'sexy' in a footballing sense, plus German footy is seen as fashionable at the moment.

Last edited:
The balance of power on this thread swung from Pereira to Martinez, then to everyone's mar, settling on jarg wages bills.

Productive night for Team Thread.

Pretty sure it was only Goats mar, and you instigated it............. Then led him in with an olive branch, and then hammered the poor lad five minutes later! Shocking behaviour really, mods?? (n) You cyber bully you! :dodgy:

I know, that's why I wrote he has 'potential'.

I was replying to Wat Tyler's post about Martinez' achievements being 'blown out of proportion'.

He's young and has already won the FA Cup.

Rangnick for all the plaudits has only really won lower league titles. I realise he has other attributes, but at age 54, he hasn't won much top level stuff. If he was English, he'd be a Dave Bassett/Neil Warnock figure. It's only because he's German that he's 'sexy' in a footballing sense, plus German footy is seen as fashionable at the moment.

Yeah Rangnick's cv isn't great.

His one achievement is taking over a very good schalke side midseason and winning the german cup and reaching the Cl semis (where they were awful).

Not impressed really.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-everton-manager-ralf-rangnick-1926316

Ralf Rangnick is ready to groom a future Everton *manager – as he bids for the Goodison hot seat himself, writes the Sunday People .

German Rangnick is currently sporting director for Austrian side FC Red Bull Salzburg and Germany’s RB Leipzig.

And he has told Everton chairman Bill Kenwright he is willing to appoint one of three Toffees legends to *manage either of the European clubs.

Alan Stubbs, David Weir and Phil Neville left Everton this summer, and Rangnick says he would work closely with one to show him the tricks of the trade – ahead of eventually *succeeding the German at Goodison Park.

The plan has caught the *imagination of Kenwright who has not just been looking for a boss after losing David Moyes to Manchester United but also fretting about losing Stubbs, Weir and Neville.

Kenwright spoke to the trio about the post but feels they are all just short of experience at this stage – but with Rangnick’s bold plan they could keep their link to the club as future bosses at Goodison.

That appeals to Kenwright, who has been *discussing the thought – along with the claims of Roberto Martinez – since *meeting the pair.

If this is possible, I actually quite like the idea. Not sure he has that kind of power at those clubs or exactly what they would be getting out of the deal but an interesting idea.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-everton-manager-ralf-rangnick-1926316

If this is possible, I actually quite like the idea. Not sure he has that kind of power at those clubs or exactly what they would be getting out of the deal but an interesting idea.

As I said before mate, it's written by Alan Nixon, therefore almost certainly not true. Him claiming Stubbs and Weir have left Everton is blatantly untrue, they haven't.

Plus I don't think either Stubbs & Weir would inspire the majority of the fans if appointed - now or in the future. No matter how much grooming is done!

Yeah Rangnick's cv isn't great.

His one achievement is taking over a very good schalke side midseason and winning the german cup and reaching the Cl semis (where they were awful).

Not impressed really.

He was awesome when he got hoffenhiem promoted and the follwowing 2 seasons.

Its a terrible article, it says Stubbs and Weir have left. They haven't or have I miss something here. So we're asking some german dude on who should manage us. great idea and then we let him babysit our manager. Why not just get a manager who have learned his stripes at a managing smaller clubs.

Its a terrible article, it says Stubbs and Weir have left. They haven't or have I miss something here. So we're asking some german dude on who should manage us. great idea and then we let him babysit our manager. Why not just get a manager who have learned his stripes at a managing smaller clubs.

I.e. Martinez.

Or even better, a manager who has won league titles back to back in a top European league - Pereira.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back