Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Royle as an emergency manager if no one decent is available !!! we might win a derby game then!

Love the man but he's far too out of touch. If you've been away from management for as long as he has it would be a disaster. Look at Kendall Mk3, Keegan at Newcastle and Dalglish last year.

I'd find it hard to trust anybody with our meager transfer budgets. Two wrong transfers in one season and we'd be well and truly screwed. Relegation battles within seasons wouldn't be an exaggeration

Man Utd Forward
Man City Midfielder
Chelsea Defender
Arsenal Defender
Tottenham None
Everton Defender
Liverpool Defender
West Brom Defender
Swansea Midfielder
West Ham Defender
Stoke Defender
Fulham Midfielder
Aston Villa Midfielder
So'ton Defender
Sunderland Forward
Norwich Defender
Newcastle Midfielder
Wigan Midfielder
Reading Goalkeeper
QPR 36 Midfielder

Made a little table for people not wanting another defender as manager. Seems it's more to do with the individual rather than their position as a player that makes them a horribly negative manager.

Last edited:
Can you quote this again so someone bites, please?

Actually on a serious note now I wouldn't want Poyet because of his serial defending of Suarez combined with the fact Brighton fans aren't actually that keen. Zola, maybe.

But Udinese's B team wouldn't be as effective in the Prem.

I'd find it hard to trust anybody with our meager transfer budgets. Two wrong transfers in one season and we'd be well and truly screwed. Relegation battles within seasons wouldn't be an exaggeration

It would be a massive, massive one. To get relegated we'd need a squad as bad as wigans man for man. IMO We've got better players in at least 9 positions, arguably 10.

People saying Martinez is not the answer need to understand one major thing; the club and type of player he can attract is seriously limited. The 3-4-3 is not a bad formation, it is built for counter-attack and the foundation of many a great side, including the legendary Ajax sides of both Cryuff(player) and Van Gaal(manager), and I believe this great Juventus side under Cobnte play this. Its how its implemented and the quality of player.

I'm 50/50 with Martinez, i would prefer a bigger name; but if the choice is McClaren, O'Neill, Hughes, Coyle, Freedman, Rosler, Zola or Poyet, then i'm with Martinez
Chances are, we won't be able to spend much in the summer. I think Moyes had a 3-5-2/ 3-4-3 for a couple of games when Pienaar and Fellaini were out. I don't think Distin will be as good next season and Duffy is the only guy behind the main 3.

Maybe we'll have a big turnover. I don't know but I would prefer someone who can work with what we currently have.

Think martinez would do a great job we should attract a good manager if moyes also hopefully whoever takes charge gets money to invest in the team

Chances are, we won't be able to spend much in the summer. I think Moyes had a 3-5-2/ 3-4-3 for a couple of games when Pienaar and Fellaini were out. I don't think Distin will be as good next season and Duffy is the only guy behind the main 3.

Maybe we'll have a big turnover. I don't know but I would prefer someone who can work with what we currently have.

Except The TV deal will hopefully bring extra cash. 3-5-2 was utilised once or twice by Moyes, against City and Stoke; Martinez's whole philosophy is built round this so it will obviously benefit the players if he wants to implement it rather than doing it because of suspensions. Conte has proved how effective the formation can be; it wasn't long ago that Pep was playing it with Barca.

Lets see how this rides out

Think martinez would do a great job we should attract a good manager if moyes also hopefully whoever takes charge gets money to invest in the team

Well, hopefully the new guy hired brings his own money with him. Because that's the only way that's happening.

Promotion from within the ranks of the coaching staff??? Stubbs or Round might throw there hat into the circle, will be an interesting summer to say the least.

Martinez, Lennon, Lambert and anyone from within including Stubbs, Ferguson, Neville, Round etc would all be a disaster. Can't believe how low the standards of some of our fans are. Moyes was paid the same as an elite European manager. We need to be looking at managers who can win, not ones who just want to survive.

Personally, I think we should look to the lower leagues, we did it with moyes and their are a far few decent gaffers down there. Martinez is a obvious candidate, but has been in a relegation dog fight every year since he took over at wigan, bringing him in would be (personally) a sign of us preparing for the dark days again. The chat of Royle coming in as a interim gaffer, no thank you.

Poyet is a good shout, but I think that he going to bring brighton up via the play offs.

Di Matteo is ok, but not a top manager, he failed with WBA, and only won the champions league due to the quality he had on the pitch.
Zola would be interesting, it might mean we get some quality on loan from italy
Coyle can do one, he can be joined by Steve Clarke, Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes and Martin O'neill.
Pereira is a interesting choice, not to sure if he will bring anything to the club other then being use to having no money, and having your best player sold with no return
solskjaer is a shout, he has done well with molde and the united u21, but will he give us something extra
Hollaway is a shout to, experienced enough to keep us going where we are, and I think he will continue with the way our club is run, without taking a large enough pay check to biuld a squad
Freedman has done wonders with a failing bolton side, could be worth a punt
howe really rate this guy, has taken Bournemouth up to the second tier for the first time in 30 years on a shoe string budget
robinson though he is a massive ****e fan, he is a good young manager with allot of potential.
Neil Lennon knows how to win, but not proven in a league of the Prem quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back