Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Everton job is a massive job. It's similar with the United job in terms of the type of managers it will attract as not every manager can get the top, top jobs. We're a top 6 club, and someone will be filling in big shoes..

That's something we have to thank Moyes for, that his good work allows us to aim high for our next manager (one would hope).

Clearly, the job's not as massive as the Man Utd job. But it is one of the top 7 jobs in the Premiership, and thus touching the top 20 in Europe overall (club-level). Moyes himself was comfortably among the top 20 highest-paid managers in Europe.

We might argue that the Bundesliga or Portugese league have a matching or better quality than the Prem, but there's not doubt that the Premiership is where the buzz is...TV rights and worldwide audience confirms this.

There's not a huge amount to choose from, is there? Martinez turned Liverpool down, so why would he join us? Plus his teams are poor defensively and don't get going until March.

Periera could be interesting. He's out of contract and keen to manage in the Premier League. Maybe he could bring Moutinho or Defour with him?

Lennon did very well to beat Barcelona and it could have been difficult motivating his side in the SPL without the challenge of Rangers. He does seem quite highly strung though.

I like Di Matteo and you have to give him credit for winning the Champions League. He was harshly sacked by West Brom too. His teams tend to suffer worrying slumps though.

With Bilic I can't really get past him retiring from us and then playing again in Croatia.

I can't see Laudrup leaving Swansea so soon. Just as I can't see Mackay walking away from promoted Cardiff.

Round is a coach rather than a manager to me. I think Stubbs could possibly do it in the Championship or League One. And neither Weir or Ferguson have their badges.

According to the Guardian Neville would want the job. He probably could make a good Everton manager in time but it would be very risky to throw him in at the deep end. More positively he is a deep thinker on the game and would offer continuity. I suppose it would depend on which backroom staff Moyes took with him and what kind of experience Pip could bring in to support him. Maybe one of his old United coaches like Kidd or Knox would mentor him? They both have Everton connections. It could potentially work quite well.

I'm pleased moyes has gone because for a while now he just hasn't looked interested, his flirting with Spurs last season was really galling. It just wasn't the Moyes we'd seen from the early years, committed, looked like he loved and understood the club. But now I'm absolutely terrified as to who Kenwright will turn to next, coupled with the terrifying state of the clubs finances. What if the banks get spooked now and start calling in the money? Will we have to sell Fellaini and Baines and use the Tv money just to stay afloat?

It all feels a bit grim

There's not a huge amount to choose from, is there? Martinez turned Liverpool down, so why would he join us? Plus his teams are poor defensively and don't get going until March.

Periera could be interesting. He's out of contract and keen to manage in the Premier League. Maybe he could bring Moutinho or Defour with him?

Lennon did very well to beat Barcelona and it could have been difficult motivating his side in the SPL without the challenge of Rangers. He does seem quite highly strung though.

I like Di Matteo and you have to give him credit for winning the Champions League. He was harshly sacked by West Brom too. His teams tend to suffer worrying slumps though.

With Bilic I can't really get past him retiring from us and then playing again in Croatia.

I can't see Laudrup leaving Swansea so soon. Just as I can't see Mackay walking away from promoted Cardiff.

Round is a coach rather than a manager to me. I think Stubbs could possibly do it in the Championship or League One. And neither Weir or Ferguson have their badges.

According to the Guardian Neville would want the job. He probably could make a good Everton manager in time but it would be very risky to throw him in at the deep end. More positively he is a deep thinker on the game and would offer continuity. I suppose it would depend on which backroom staff Moyes took with him and what kind of experience Pip could bring in to support him. Maybe one of his old United coaches like Kidd or Knox would mentor him? They both have Everton connections. It could potentially work quite well.

Not as daft as it seems would support him as a manager given his commitment to our club He knows what Everton means to the fans - give him a chance

i wouldnt mind martinez...seems to find good talent, plays a nice style of football no o'neill.. no bruce.. no mccarthy...no boring ****e style managers pls

Done deal that Pip is going with Moyes..

Pip turned down the chance to coach at Everton because he wanted to prolong his playing career. That doesn't change because it's United. And, with Fergie moving upstairs, I'd expect that he'll want to make sure that Phelan and Meulensteen stay with the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back