Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has the smallest wage bill in the league? Who has the smallest revenues?

I don't know, but I bet you Wigan are pretty far down on both of them.

Would it be good enough for you? Combined with a frantic final league game, staring relegation in the face?

NO THANKS.

Im in no way pro martinez but come on-in the same way appointing him doesnt mean we are gonna win the fa cup because he has won it with wigan it doesnt mean we will be scrapping for our survival year in year out like wigan.

I'm like a hormonal woman at the moment, I've seriously gone into meltdown here lol. FFS just appoint a manager and put me out of my misery!!!!!!

I'm just not sure Martinez is the manager we want. Benitez won quite a few cups, but I'd not want that idiot anywhere near our club.
Yes but he did it spending more money than Man Utd.

Exactly, with the right Euro manager we're more likely to pick up some of those gems other clubs seem to pick up for peanuts. Moyes did well in the transfer market, and I think the two managers I'd like to see come to us would attract players and be able to bring a few in with them.

I have the impression that Martinez likes to bring in unknown Spanish players who are a bit sh1te. That manager from Cardiff will bring players in from the Championship and League 1. Both of them won't attract good international players to our club because their reputation are a bit...you know what I mean mate.

Martinez hardly flapped it on Monday though did he?
How can the manager expect his defenders to be that shocking? He just cant.

Its been martinez ever since the quarter final draw his reaction said it all, thats how long this moyes to utd deals been in place I reck.

Yep, I remember that mate. He looked like he'd been caught in the headlights when he heard he'd drawn us.

I hope that means he is joining because some of the other candidates leave me in despair.

There goes Martinez as an option - he would not drop European football in favour of Everton -
remember he gave Liverpool a cold shoulder -
In Martinez Wigan has a manager with balls and no excuses - something which Everton lacks badly -
Moyes had great vision when he released (not sold ) McMannaman when Everton is desperately looking for a right winger -
the no money no silverware theory went out the widow today - thanks to Mr Martinez

Wonder if they'd have been parading the "We beat Swansea City" trophy when they parade the FA Cup around Wigan in a few weeks, If they would have won?

Yep, I remember that mate. He looked like he'd been caught in the headlights when he heard he'd drawn us.

I hope that means he is joining because some of the other candidates leave me in despair.

Sorry Dave I haven't read all your posts but are you against Martinez?

People talk about the romance of the FA Cup and let's face it, that is exactly what it was today - a dream. A one off. Martinez will never do that again.

Who has the smallest wage bill in the league? Who has the smallest revenues?

I don't know, but I bet you Wigan are pretty far down on both of them.

Last year they had the smallest turnover and their wage bill was the fourth smallest ahead of wolves, norwich and swansea (and unlike the other three they work on a negative net spend and have since jewell left). You'd imagine that norwich and swansea will have caught up on wages this year so it's probable that only reading pay their players less.

There goes Martinez as an option - he would not drop European football in favour of Everton -
remember he gave Liverpool a cold shoulder -
In Martinez Wigan has a manager with balls and no excuses - something which Everton lacks badly -
Moyes had great vision when he released (not sold ) McMannaman when Everton is desperately looking for a right winger -
the no money no silverware theory went out the widow today - thanks to Mr Martinez

You do know why he swerved Liverpool though dont you?
Wanted 100% control, Liverpool werent giving him that, ****ed them off. He'd get time and control here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back