Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, a one off cup run and relegation. I fear our fans want mediocrity!!! Martinez is a no go for me, he's simply not good enough and will see us drop to a mid table, or relegation bound team.

What do you think that if all is to be believed Bungling Bill bringing in Mediocre Mackay?

I'd rather win the cup and go down.

We're not wigan, though. Keeping us up is pretty easy. Wigan are too small for this division, really.

Nil satis nisi optimum, screw relegation and a cup. We've competed in the top flight for longer than anyone, a record and a history to be proud of. Screw relegation, we should be pushing for Champions League. Screw this small club chasing a cup mentality, we might not have the money of other clubs, but we're still the fourth most successful club in English Football.

Unbelievable. You'll be in a minority of one.

(y)

That performance in a final with a vastly inferior team is exactly what I want from an everton manager.

I honestly didn't think Martinez had it in him, even after he did it to us in the QF. I take back everything I've said.

Bring back the old Artetafan FFS, Martinez = (n)

Martinez is a more successful manager than Moyes.

Oh you comedian you :lol: Sure he's won silverware, granted, but I'd rather be pushing for top four and dreaming of Kenwrong finally selling the club to someone who has money.

"Wins trophies" he has won the FAcup let's not get carried away

Exactly, thank F someone has some common sense. René Girard or Vítor Pereira for me

I'd hate to judge Martinez just on Wigan's performances in the PL and say that's all he's good for - a relegation battler. How well would Moyes have done in the PL with Preston? Come on - the best they would have done is hang around 2 or 3 years at the bottom end of things before the inevitable relegation. So stop making up this not-good-enough lark. Martinez did a pretty good job at Swansea as well - in fact pretty much on a par with Moyes' Preston years. To beat the likes of City (and, if you want to be reminded again Everton at Goodison) to lift the FA Cup must count for something.

I realise we're the club with the least experience of relegation of anyone and I am proud of that. But there's a level of fear about it which I think is over the top.

I mean 1) it's hard to get relegated, a club with our team and our budget shouldn't have anything to fear. I mean Mike Walker never sent us down, ffs and he was trying really hard. If Martinez can keep up last year's wigan, he can keep up us and 2) when a big team gets relegated they tend to come straight back up again rather than decline. It's not the end of the world by any means.

What do you think that if all is to be believed Bungling Bill bringing in Mediocre Mackay?

This is why I get anxiety reading this forums at the moment and try not to log on, I keep going into meltdown overtime I remember who's in charge of picking the next manager! Mind you he did get it right with Moyes, so I hope to goodness he doesn't go for Mackay

I realise we're the club with the least experience of relegation of anyone and I am proud of that. But there's a level of fear about it which I think is over the top.

I mean 1) it's hard to get relegated, a club with our team and our budget shouldn't have anything to fear. I mean Mike Walker never sent us down, ffs and he was trying really hard. If Martinez can keep up last year's wigan, he can keep up us and 2) when a big team gets relegated they tend to come straight back up again rather than decline. It's not the end of the world by any means.
Look at castle and Sunderland though

Actually that trophy belongs to Wigan - never relegated (so far) in their history!!

(nb Arsenal were "relegated" but got back after WWI with some help from the FA)

Last edited:

I'm like a hormonal woman at the moment, I've seriously gone into meltdown here lol. FFS just appoint a manager and put me out of my misery!!!!!!

I'm just not sure Martinez is the manager we want. Benitez won quite a few cups, but I'd not want that idiot anywhere near our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back