Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said on here that Martinez would have some of you doom and gloom merchants eating your words if he was given the chance and some of you LAUGHED in my face. Now...........

Unless Wigan stay up otherwise winning a cup could be a consolation for them. You see Wolves is playing in League 1 next season. And how much would Wigan lose if they aren't playing in the Premier League?

All the way through the Cup Final Lennon was favourite but since the final whistle Martinez went back in front. Volatile

I personally think Wigan need to go down for him to come, he probably would anyway but it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed if they stay up.

Exactly, a one off cup run and relegation. I fear our fans want mediocrity!!! Martinez is a no go for me, he's simply not good enough and will see us drop to a mid table, or relegation bound team.
This all day long, winning the cup still doesn't make you a good Premier League manager which he has proved he isn't

You, me, davek & a few others have been banging the martinez drum in this thread. Like davek said earlier, martinez ticks a lot (if not all) of the boxes.
There's so much to consider with the appointment and one thing is timing, if wigan do go down (surely they will) then it would be a good time for martinez to leave. As opposed to say steve clarke (who is someone I wouldnt mind) but he sort of owes west brom and would be being a bit of a 'steve bruce' if he jumped ship straight away.

Yes mate. I would have said so regardless of the result today or even if they were relegated. I saw his qualities were evident even if things haven't always gone (to be precise, hardly ever go) Wigan's way. It's his attitude, approach and abilities that are important to me; his win percentage just isn't the be all and end all, because with his qualities the results will come. It's been proven today and all those end-of-season escapes that he can put good runs together.

Everyone always used finishing in the lower reaches of the table as confirmation of his failings but I think it's proof of his strengths. The vast majority of managers would have been sacked or given up after the poor runs but his steadfast commitment to playing good football and not panicking have meant he continues to survive season-on-season with of the cheapest-assembled squads.

I personally think Wigan need to go down for him to come, he probably would anyway but it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed if they stay up.

Not necessarily. He's not the kind of man to leave them when they're down. I'd say relegation harms our chances of getting him if anything... whereas leaving on a high, an FA Cup & survival double, would be the best way to go. There's only down from there.

Of course, there is the lure of Wigan in Europe

I think if we come in for Martinez then he'd come to us regardless of Wigan surviving or not.

This is the perfect way for him to end on a high with Wigan. If he gets relegated then yeah it's bad but the FA Cup win makes up for it.

I think if we come in for Martinez then he'd come to us regardless of Wigan surviving or not.

This is the perfect way for him to end on a high with Wigan. If he gets relegated then yeah it's bad but the FA Cup win makes up for it.

It is very bad and it might take several years (or even more) before they play in the best league again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back