Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Its got to be Martinez and this is in no way based on the cup final because thats just stupid.
I think Martinez has done well at every club he has been to. With Wigan his job is to keep them up and every season he needs to buy 3 or 4 players to replace his best players he has to sell.

He always believes in his philiosophy and lets be honest, Wigan arent always going to win and they should be relegated but he has more than often kept them up. He has good premier league experience and is level headed. He is still relatively young so has time to shape the club in his way.

I noticed most people have voted for Michael Laudrup, but whats this based on? One good season? his record at previous clubs isnt particularly special. I also believe that great players dont make great managers.

But back to Martinez, if you look at his CV. Every season he has managed he has met expectations, I think he is the outstanding candidate and deserves the job.

Neil Lennon shouldnt even be close to being considered, i have no idea how he is favourite. Hes done a decent job with Celtic but they should be winning everything domestically and they havnt even done that.

He's done the exact opposite mate. Every year I've expected Wigan to get relegated. But that DOESN'T mean I'm buying your definitions of "outstanding" and "deserves".

Personally I think that probably gets him our job now , Neville to be assistant it coach and jones to take over as Wigan manager .

Haven't been convinced but he approached that well today and from the boards point of view appointing the FA cup winner who knocked back Liverpool seems a no-brainer doesn't it ?

Personally I think that probably gets him our job now , Neville to be assistant it coach and jones to take over as Wigan manager .

Haven't been convinced but he approached that well today and from the boards point of view appointing the FA cup winner who knocked back Liverpool seems a no-brainer doesn't it ?

sadly sheeds your right...untill we get a new owner with a wedge and a clue, this is it.

Yeah but as you know it won't be that simple will it? Whelan could block our approach and even if he doesn't Martinez could turn us down.

Think i'm still amazed that 220 people know enough about Vitor Pereira to give him the vote as next manager :D

Knew the sudden Road to Damascus moment would befall a fair few of you once that final whistle went

You, me, davek & a few others have been banging the martinez drum in this thread. Like davek said earlier, martinez ticks a lot (if not all) of the boxes.
There's so much to consider with the appointment and one thing is timing, if wigan do go down (surely they will) then it would be a good time for martinez to leave. As opposed to say steve clarke (who is someone I wouldnt mind) but he sort of owes west brom and would be being a bit of a 'steve bruce' if he jumped ship straight away.

Neville should become the new Wigan manager and take Hibbert and Osman with him. Nothing against those names but they're all part of the old guard, Moyes has gone now and it's probably time they did to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back