Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When(if) we get knocked out of the cup and if moyes knows himself that he's leaving he should let his replacement have april and may to try his own ideas.

Not by much, not worth the hassle.

Battling the interfering board, owners whim, dressing room led by Terry, & the moronic fans.

And that's before he even puts a team out on the pitch to try to win footy games.

pretty sure we have the 2nd worse board behind chelsea's. Moyes won't care about that kind of stuff, if he did he would have left here years ago.

Was chatting with various people related to football yesterday and their opinion was the issue over the manager leaving does impact on players as it did at united and other clubs historically . An Evertonian who knows Benitez well said from the minute he was appointed as interim and effectively not there for the long-term he had no chance and compared this to the moyes situation as in his opinion players , whether subconsciously or not, take their foot of the gas both on the pitch and in training. It's something that can be managed but clealy it's something at least some people believe can impact .

As for moyes , as ive said before , those I spoke to believed he'd end up signing not for any massive love or u-turn on his position but because they didn't see anyone 'suitable' offering him a deal to tempt him away.

(just gossip unrelated to us benitez thinks he's got a great chance of the Madrid job and the media reports on him and terry are spot on)

As i posted somebody close to bentiez was kicking off about the 'interim' as it meant it was impossible to motivate the players and although I didn't expect Rafael to go beserk last night that's exactly what he was kicking off for and it's something that's been 'brewing' with him . With that in mind and the quotes of sir alex relating to when he'd announced his imminent retirement I find it surprising blues think the uncertainty over Moyes is incapable of impacting on performance because evidence suggest it may well have an effect .

On di matteo I have it on very good authority that he was not popular at all in the dressing room at west brom & although I've no great source about his time at Chelsea I think it's perceived lampard, terry & cole maybe had too much influence.

Get some one who is used to working with a skint budget and plays good footy marco belisia comes to mind

Athletic Bilbao are like 13th in the league with talents like Amorebieta, Llorente, Muniain, De Marcos and a very decent right side whose names both escape me. So no thanks, plus he has no experience of Premier League and doesn't speak a word of English.

Di Matteo has won the FA Cup and Champions' League but it was with a world class squad handed to him on a plate, he was cack at West Brom.
Was he? His win percentage was 48.19% ... that's almost double the win rate of Martinez (oh I know Wigan spend twenty pence a year and he's a miracle worker -- his genius will get them relegated a few games later than a normal manager would) and seven points higher than WBA's current manager. Doesn't seem that bad for a club like WBA.

Moyes would be absolutely crackers to go to Chelsea. What a joke of a club.
Yup ... http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the...-matteo-removed-from-chelsea-photo_71504.html

Was he? His win percentage was 48.19% ... that's almost double the win rate of Martinez (oh I know Wigan spend twenty pence a year and he's a miracle worker -- his genius will get them relegated a few games later than a normal manager would) and seven points higher than WBA's current manager. Doesn't seem that bad for a club like WBA.

Yup ... http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the...-matteo-removed-from-chelsea-photo_71504.html

Deceptive, as most of that time was spent in the Championship with a team of lower level Premiership players. He was sacked because they went on a really bad run.

Deceptive, as most of that time was spent in the Championship with a team of lower level Premiership players. He was sacked because they went on a really bad run.
Ah ... forgot about that. Moyes went on some bad runs relatively early in his tenure though so I'm won't write someone off just because of that.

So he gained promotion for them (would have likely won the league had Newcastle not been there), looks like he actually had the best Prem start in WBA history, then won only 1 in 10 and was sacked. Sacking seems a bit harsh to me.

Fact is anyone who could realistically come here ... if someone wanted to focus on the negatives they could make them look bad (and conversely you can make anyone -- except Martinez ;) -- look good too). Everyone is going to have some question marks on their CV. I have no idea if he'd be any good here but he'd be in the discussion for me.

Not related to Di Matteo specifically but the point someone made about the difference between coaches and managers is a good one though -- if we hire a coach to replace a coach/"head of football operations" then we are putting our limited resources into the hands of someone with little experience in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back