Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
martinez: ffs lads we just got beat 5-0 lads

lads: but we tried boss

martinez: well i suppose it wasnt 6-0 well done lads!!

Reporter: How do you sum up that 4-0 drubbing Roberto?

Martinez: I have to take the positives, I thought we were outstanding for 3 minutes in the first half.

I hope this isn't distasteful to say because it's so tragic what happened to Gary Speed. Imagine if his Wales team had kept progressing like they were, he would be a shoe-in as my favourite for the job. It really looked like he had the golden touch with management.

Not distasteful at all mate. Gary speed was doing wonders with Wales and making a nice little reputation for himself and if he was still round today, doing well then im sure his name would of been right up there for the job!.

Does anyone know what sort of compensation would be owed to Wigan if Martinez came to us?

Many on here, myself included, would not be happy paying the reported £10m compo fee for Laudrup, and we know that eleven years ago we gave Preston £3m for Moyes.... I wonder if people would be so keen on Martinez if it emerged that we'd be looking at £5m in compo? Conversely, of those who are against his appointment, who would be more accepting of Martinez if the compo was revealed to only be £1m?

One of the compelling factors supporting Pereira's candidacy is that his Porto contract expires in a couple weeks, meaning no compo is payable. Rene Girard is also out of contract this summer, as is Marcelo Bielsa.

Possibilities with contracts until summer 2014:

Van Basten - Heerenveen
Koeman - Feyenoord
Clarke - WBA
Jol - Fulham
Zola - Watford
Mackay - Cardff

2015:

Tuchel - Mainz
Lambert - Villa

Poyet - Brighton

I presume the longer remaining on a a manager's contract, the greater the compensation due if we pinch him?

I hope this isn't distasteful to say because it's so tragic what happened to Gary Speed. Imagine if his Wales team had kept progressing like they were, he would be a shoe-in as my favourite for the job. It really looked like he had the golden touch with management.

Agreed, really sad to be honest.

I do think Bilic would be a good shout, but the shiz he did to everton will ensure he never (deservedly so too ) gets a look in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back