Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
First trophy in seven years, congrats to Rafael.

He's still a Fat Spanish Waiter and I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.

Benitez would never accept the job even if we offered it. Established champions league side or big money project only for him.

Next.

Well he seems to have done. Won something at everyone of his clubs in the last 13 years:

Tenerife
Segunda División promotion (1): 2000–01

Valencia
La Liga (2): 2001–02, 2003–04
UEFA Cup (1): 2003–04

Liverpool
FA Cup (1): 2005–06
FA Community Shield (1): 2006
UEFA Champions League (1): 2004–05
UEFA Super Cup (1): 2005

Internazionale
Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2010
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2010

Chelsea
UEFA Europa League (1): 2012–13

He pretty much guarantees success, though that is offset by his need to spend money. He's never really been at a cash strapped club since his season with Tenerife 12 years ago.
After Tenerife, he's merely picking jobs where can use his expertise to take very good teams to a few more trophies. He doesn't guarantee success HERE just because he's had it at wealthy clubs on the cusp of cup wins.

Rafael once called us a small club five times in one press conference. It's a no from me, have some respect for yourselves and the club.

Touché!. CV aside, the fact he did call us a small club, and the fact he loves the shtie so much, makes it a no for me. Yeah, he's won trophies through out his managerial career but he's an ex kopite and disrespected us!.

from a Porto Fan

Vítor Pereira has two or three major flaws. First of all is his stubbornness regarding his favourite tactical scheme. He loves playing with the 4-3-3 scheme and it doesn’t matter if the team hasn’t enough quality players to work that tactical scheme: he uses it all the same. Second of all, his vanity; he is quite cocky regarding his quality as a manager, but believe me, he is not that good. Third, it is his lack of commanding skills. He is definitely not that type of manager that is able to unite the players, since he doesn’t have a voice of command. He is not manager enough to rally the troops when it things get tough and he is constantly depending on the team’s captain, Lucho Gonzalez, or on the other coaches that have been working for FC Porto for quite sometime now.

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/joel.amorim/141277/will-vítor-pereira-replace-david-moyes-at-everton

Big Dunc as his No.2 and Neville as 1st team coach, simples!. (y)

Bilic was fine to play for Croatia though

When? Prove it. You're just talking **** that you've copied from someone else.

It happens all the time, injuries heal, and players feel ok to play through the pain barrier. Prove it I dare you. Dates, facts, physio reports the works.

As for him being paid off, that was Everton's decision and compensation is agreed all the time between footballing parties in those scenarios. You're being petty.

i start talking about slaven bilic being a decent candidate, questioning why so many think he's ****ed everton over, and i get called names, and told i ruined your precious rep system, and that i'm banned. lol.. small time

What he did as a player hasn't really got a bearing on his managerial suitability to the Everton job, but just for the record:

- Royle signed him for £4.5m in March 1997, a massive fee at the time for us. Bilic refused to join us immediately, wanting to remain at West Ham for the rest of the season to keep them up. And collect a £200,000 'loyalty bonus'.
- He was sent off 3 times for us in the 1997/98 season, missing a quarter of the season alone through suspension.
- When he did play, he was rubbish. He was left out of the team vs Coventry on the last day, Carl Tiler playing instead, which says it all about Bilic's standing at the time.
- He made 4 appearances the following season, utterly hampered by injuries, though he always used to be fit in time to play for Croatia.
- After him not playing for a whole year, we gave him a £1m pay off in February 2000 to end his contract, presuming he was retiring. Within days he joined Hadjuk Split as a player.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back