Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
could deffo see him going for Martinez, or do you mean the foreign managers currently managing abroad ?

I would classify Martinez as domestic due to his experience In the English PL and English football in general.

BK wont risk a foreign manager with no PL experience.

I would take a chance on P Neville if I were BK.

I would classify Martinez as domestic due to his experience In the English PL and English football in general.

BK wont risk a foreign manager with no PL experience.

I would take a chance on P Neville if I were BK.

How is giving the job to a foreign manager with an excellent record in management more of a risk than giving it to an average, uninspiring ex player with no management experience?

To be fair I think Neville will make a good coach, maybe manager one day, but it would be a massive gamble for Kenwright to appoint him as no.1. I would love to see him amongst the coaching staff, maybe even assistant though. I can't see Everton appointing a foreign manager unless they have been in the English game before. Di Matteo would be an interesting one that I think could work, he did well at his previous clubs, apart from a short time at WBA just before he was sacked.

why do people believe Phil Neville will be a good coach/manager, any manager who we appoint need to have earnt their stripes at managing other clubs.

why do people believe Phil Neville will be a good coach/manager, any manager who we appoint need to have earnt their stripes at managing other clubs.

Because he worked under Moyes and Ferguson, that seems to be about it.

I don't understand it myself, i mean how many managers successfully go straight from playing to managing in the top flight ?

someone please throw up a load of examples to disprove this but...

mediocre players usually make better managers.....right ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back