Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say, despite all the negativity I am seriously impressed with the shortlist of three if it really is Martinez, Ragnick and Periera. Was convinced a cheap option like Stubbs or Weir was on Bills shortlist

This. I still think its Martinez...and he is the kind of manager who likes to have complete control, like our previous manager...I think this is a good thing. Having the manager involved closely with the way the club is run, and with the youth set up is the best way forward in my opinion. His experience on a miniscule budget will be useful at Everton whereas I suspect that anyone coming in from a European club would find it hard to come to terms with the financial constraints, particularly with FFP coming in. Martinez is also a 'sticker'...has he ever actually been sacked, or has he just walked away from his previous jobs? This stability will appeal to Bill, and Martinez would not find it easy to walk from Everton to a better job ....our most recent manager of course being the exception that proves this rule!

Last edited:
Another opinion from Germany, but quite similar to previous ones posted by a different lad here:
Ralf Rangnick's nickname in Germany is "football professor". He was heavily influenced by Sacchi's Milan and is one of the 'mentors' of the new generation of German managers like Klopp and Tuchel who were influenced by his work. From the tactical perspective, he's excellent. His teams press heavily indeed and play a very intense style of football - the best example for this is the Hoffenheim side under his reign. But it's also true that he lacks the man management abilities of someone like Klopp, because he doesn't seem to have the charisma of the latter, but very few have.

If the players accept him and follow his ideas, he could be a very very good manager for you. His English is fine, he is an educated, open minded guy. It would be quite interesting to see how a side with relentless pressing would do in the EPL, as it's still quite rare there. The influence on the Bundesliga was immense, that Hoffenheim side that took the league by storm a few years ago made a lasting impression.

His philosophy is quite different to Moyes' though. Everton would play a different style of football under him.

PS.: AFAIK, there never has been a German manager in the EPL. Wouldn't call this a 'fad' though as Rangnick hasn't managed a team for a while and hence isn't directly responsible for the 'renaissance' of German football these days.
Seems like I've had a totally wrong opinion on him...

Last edited:
If Kenwright is only giving Martinez a second interview to me that means it's nailed on to be him, but then if he's not giving 2nd interviews to VP, RR why does he have to give a second one to RM, he must be convinced he is the right man because he's giving him a 2nd interview and not the other two. Confused......because I am.

This. I still think its Martinez...and he is the kind of manager who likes to have complete control, like our previous manager...I think this is a good thing. Having the manager involved closely with the way the club is run, and with the youth set up is the best way forward in my opinion. His experience on a miniscule budget will be useful at Everton whereas I suspect that anyone coming in from a European club would find it hard to come to terms with the financial constraints, particularly with FFP coming in. Martinez is also a 'sticker'...has he ever actually been sacked, or has he just walked away from his previous jobs? This stability will appeal to Bill, and Martinez would not find it easy to walk from Everton to a better job ....our most recent manager of course being the exception that proves this rule!
Martinez had the training at a small club at wigan and doing the same stuff as Moyes such as working on a low budget, laying the foundations at the club, in charge of training and transfer, will be able to work with Bill. He now will have a much bigger club to work with, we are massive compared to Wigan, yeah he walked away from Swansea and now Wigan, both set of fans were hurt when he left their club. He done a great job at both clubs in my eyes. I agree with the wigan chairman, that Martinez is tailor-made for us right now.

If Kenwright is only giving Martinez a second interview to me that means it's nailed on to be him, but then if he's not giving 2nd interviews to VP, RR why does he have to give a second one to RM, he must be convinced he is the right man because he's giving him a 2nd interview and not the other two. Confused......because I am.

Maybe he's "sure" what he thinks about the others (good or bad), but is uncertain about Martinez so wants another look?

Status
Not open for further replies.