Moyes - Success or Failure

Moyes, Where do you stand with him?

• Final season to achieve something.

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Should never be allowed to leave, regardless.

Votes: 35 64.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Moyes can make any excuses with not having a money to spend - he was always great when dealing and wheeling, but the way he spent money from Lescott's sale can be heavily questioned looking at Distin/Heitinga/Billy, plus I believe current crop of players we have is seriously underachieving at the moment.

He has been unlucky with some players - for the three you mention, Distin has been great so far this season, Johnny H was great last season, and Bily has shown glimpses of real ability. Also I dont think anyone expected Arteta to be as bad as he has been recently.

As for the OP, overall he has been far more of a success than a failure, its just at key points he has either been unlucky (Villareal away, Sporting home and away) or just plain wrong (Saha staying on so long last night).

Could you explain me what was so unlucky in Sporting away for example? Moyes, even for his own standards, made Everton that day playing very defensive and we were not only playing cowardly that night, but horribly and not effectively as well.

You also don't pay 8-9m for somebody to show glimpses of real ability - you either trust him enough to give him a consisten run in the team, or get rid of him, trying to get as much money back as possible (which IMO will be possible with Billy, because of Russian teams being ready again to spend heavily).

I think moysie is a great manager but i think he needs to move for himself to fulfil his potential.
We cannot compete anymore with no dosh and all the squads are catching up with us quality wise.
He will win things im sure but he needs money to do it.

Well the fact the club has no money is not his fault, the money he has made everton is brilliant, £30m for Rooney, £25m for Lescott? Obviously he spends it too like, but my point is he can't go on making wine out of water.

Could you explain me what was so unlucky in Sporting away for example? Moyes, even for his own standards, made Everton that day playing very defensive and we were not only playing cowardly that night, but horribly and not effectively as well.

You also don't pay 8-9m for somebody to show glimpses of real ability - you either trust him enough to give him a consisten run in the team, or get rid of him, trying to get as much money back as possible (which IMO will be possible with Billy, because of Russian teams being ready again to spend heavily).

Alright, maybe Sporting away was a bad example. As for Bily, the point was that you can see in flashes why Moyes bought him, and giving him a consistent run in the team is all well and good but if it isnt working then there isnt really a point to continually doing it.

Yeah, but then he should be considered as a wrong buy, instead of using an excuses "that he show glimpses". Either player makes it, or don't. Billy didn't make it (for whatever reason) and I am quite skeptical if he can turn it around.

Honestly?

Some people define the word clueless.

The OP doesnt even feel Everton is worth his time or energy, a glory seeking United fan if I ever saw 1.

Why because I haven't got myself into debt this season? I simply can't afford it mate, plus the lad I used to go with has ditched my sister and her kids. So forgive me for not being a super fan.

Maybe you should take your head out of Moyes's arse once in a while.

I'm also astounded that more people here think that regardless of what Moyes does he should never be allowed to leave. Are we becoming as deluded as the kopites were with Benitez?

Judge Moyes not on what he did 5 years ago, but on what he is doing now.

And anyone who thinks we won't be able to attract a better manager than Moyes, well who was Moyes when we gave him the job? A nobody.

He had a fair crack of the whip, in fact he's had more than a fair crack at the whip.

I'm also astounded that more people here think that regardless of what Moyes does he should never be allowed to leave. Are we becoming as deluded as the kopites were with Benitez?

Judge Moyes not on what he did 5 years ago, but on what he is doing now.

And anyone who thinks we won't be able to attract a better manager than Moyes, well who was Moyes when we gave him the job? A nobody.

He had a fair crack of the whip, in fact he's had more than a fair crack at the whip.

This is spot on.

Moyes shouldn't be untouchable.

he has had good seasons but also poor ones incuding a 17th place finish and a 12th.
we are heading backwards and Moyes hasn't been able to get the best out of a squad he said himself was the best he has ever had.
Final season for me but will leave of his own accord as BK will never sack him.

This is spot on.

Moyes shouldn't be untouchable.

he has had good seasons but also poor ones incuding a 17th place finish and a 12th.
we are heading backwards and Moyes hasn't been able to get the best out of a squad he said himself was the best he has ever had.
Final season for me but will leave of his own accord as BK will never sack him.

It is spot on. He should be judged on his current performance, and not what he did 5 years ago. Problem is mate, the same people have been backing him since the start of last season, when they had injuries as the excuse, but no more excuses now.

It is spot on. He should be judged on his current performance, and not what he did 5 years ago. Problem is mate, the same people have been backing him since the start of last season, when they had injuries as the excuse, but no more excuses now.

For me he is tactically inept.
His use of subs hasn't improved over the years (last night proved that)
And his high profile signings have been poor

In all an improvement but not the moyesiah people want him to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back