Moyes to sign new 3yr deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he has built this squad that isn't relegation fodder.

For me, it's not "oh noes we'll be relegated." It's that there is absolutely no point in taking any risk because there is no upside at all to be had. This squad isn't finishing above 6th without serious investment or a miraculous season.

Like a knife going through the heart of Everton FC to me this stuff, the fact someone new with fresh ideas might use our youth players and astound everyone with their verve and panache.

Or they simply change the emphasis of the present set up freeing up players mindset to express themselves and dare I say it entertain and win.

To ignore the possibility a new man might "get" evertonians the way Moyes never has, someone to take the piss out of the RS, stand up to the monied lot with wit and devilment, someone who would make our club interesting and newsworthy.

Someone with enough balls to make his own luck and MAYBE win a cup.

No upside? ........REALLY!!!

We've probably reached the end here ... not the end of the Moyes posts (that will come when we sell Baines and/or Fellaini and much of this attention gets redirected to the board thread and will then start again when we start slow and then stop again when we get better and so forth) but just the end of my personal willingness to repeat similar concepts over and over again. The only problem is that negativity/complaints by their very nature make people more likely to post. They say you get 10 happy customers for every one complaint. I'm not Moyes apologist enough to insist the ratio is the same here but I do think those in the anti-camp are more likely to post and post consistently. It has happened elsewhere to where those who felt differently gave up. Anyway ... one last post where I'm a cowardly Moyes apologist with no ambition before I take a break from defending our Moyesiah:

Trouble with this sorta post it infers the 90s define EFC that moving from bottom mid table to top mid table and staying there by whatever means possible and never threatening in the cups makes it all OK.
Hell I'll be honest, the truth when it comes to Cup competitions isn't *that* compelling a pro-Moyes argument (you have to switch to the league for that) but you do your side of the argument no favours by entirely ignoring the couple of decent runs we've had. *Never* threatening? The truth (when it comes to Cups) isn't that bad for your side mate ... no need to rewrite history entirely.

It doesn't, it was a **** period but certain basics like trying to beat liverpool and having ambition still remained.
So when we finished 13th-17th every single year (aside from one) we had ambition? I really don't get this side of the argument at all -- I think you and a few others have backed yourself into a corner here and are refusing to budge out of principle. Anyone who remembers those years knows it was a mess -- to suggest an average league position of 14th (14th over ten years!), coming as close as you can possibly come to relegation (goal difference!), and Peter Johnson (Peter "FFS/RS" Johnson!!!!) was an era with more ambition than the Moyes years is just an argument for which I cannot even imagine the mindset. "I wish we'd won more" I get; "I wish we had as much ambition as we did in the 90's" I do not.

The fact we tw@tted the much fancied Spurs in the semi and beat Utd in the cup final was a result of such thinking - we will never see those performances in crucial games again under this set up.
We beat a top six (at the time) Villa, the RS (we did once beat the RS in a Cup once -- when ITV didn't show the goal I didn't think it would mean people would never remember the game) and MU (they played reserves sure but I don't recall much complaining with the win at the time) in our Cup run a few years ago. Never? "Never" may not mean what you think it means.

The fallacy that "it's the board" alone absolving Moyes really is unthinking nonsense.
"Absolving" is a telling choice of words. Moyes is apparently a criminal. Regardless, this is straw-man too -- there is a difference between thinking Moyes is the best manager for Everton and thinking the board is 100% responsible for every single thing which goes wrong with EFC. Nobody in their right mind would suggest that. 99.9%? Sure. Never 100%. ;)

the last line sums it up nicely, there are too many who arent just Moyes fans, they are utter sycophants, and will make excuses for him no matter what.
So you believe if we had finished 13th or worse every year with an average league position of 14th all of us "Moyes sycophants" would still be supporting him? If you believe that then we might as well not bother. I am basing my opinion on the facts of our results compared against the results (over the last 10 years ... not just Newcastle last year) of all clubs who don't have a billion pounds down the back of their sofa. You and others may disagree but it's not "no matter what" -- it's what has actually happened.

As for cup comps being all about luck, I doubt people who throw that line out if we won one, sorry I mean fluked one.
Well the reason you are addressing the issue is because I brought it up when speaking about when we won it. So I think I would say it because I did say it. "Fluked it" is extreme but there are obviously elements of luck: when Portsmouth won they beat Man U (fair play) and then got to play West Brom in the semis and then second division Cardiff in the final. Yes they still had to win and yes I doubt their fans celebrated any less but there was obviously a relatively kind draw at work. (And yes I know we lost to some lower league teams a few times which renders this argument completely moot in the mind of a person determined to argue about everything -- don't let me hear any of you ever say "it was bad luck to draw Chelsea in the third round of the Cup" then if luck doesn't play a factor.)

We've probably reached the end here ... not the end of the Moyes posts (that will come when we sell Baines and/or Fellaini and much of this attention gets redirected to the board thread and will then start again when we start slow and then stop again when we get better and so forth) but just the end of my personal willingness to repeat similar concepts over and over again. The only problem is that negativity/complaints by their very nature make people more likely to post. They say you get 10 happy customers for every one complaint. I'm not Moyes apologist enough to insist the ratio is the same here but I do think those in the anti-camp are more likely to post and post consistently. It has happened elsewhere to where those who felt differently gave up. Anyway ... one last post where I'm a cowardly Moyes apologist with no ambition before I take a break from defending our Moyesiah:

Hell I'll be honest, the truth when it comes to Cup competitions isn't *that* compelling a pro-Moyes argument (you have to switch to the league for that) but you do your side of the argument no favours by entirely ignoring the couple of decent runs we've had. *Never* threatening? The truth (when it comes to Cups) isn't that bad for your side mate ... no need to rewrite history entirely.

So when we finished 13th-17th every single year (aside from one) we had ambition? I really don't get this side of the argument at all -- I think you and a few others have backed yourself into a corner here and are refusing to budge out of principle. Anyone who remembers those years knows it was a mess -- to suggest an average league position of 14th (14th over ten years!), coming as close as you can possibly come to relegation (goal difference!), and Peter Johnson (Peter "FFS/RS" Johnson!!!!) was an era with more ambition than the Moyes years is just an argument for which I cannot even imagine the mindset. "I wish we'd won more" I get; "I wish we had as much ambition as we did in the 90's" I do not.

We beat a top six (at the time) Villa, the RS (we did once beat the RS in a Cup once -- when ITV didn't show the goal I didn't think it would mean people would never remember the game) and MU (they played reserves sure but I don't recall much complaining with the win at the time) in our Cup run a few years ago. Never? "Never" may not mean what you think it means.

"Absolving" is a telling choice of words. Moyes is apparently a criminal. Regardless, this is straw-man too -- there is a difference between thinking Moyes is the best manager for Everton and thinking the board is 100% responsible for every single thing which goes wrong with EFC. Nobody in their right mind would suggest that. 99.9%? Sure. Never 100%. ;)

So you believe if we had finished 13th or worse every year with an average league position of 14th all of us "Moyes sycophants" would still be supporting him? If you believe that then we might as well not bother. I am basing my opinion on the facts of our results compared against the results (over the last 10 years ... not just Newcastle last year) of all clubs who don't have a billion pounds down the back of their sofa. You and others may disagree but it's not "no matter what" -- it's what has actually happened.

Well the reason you are addressing the issue is because I brought it up when speaking about when we won it. So I think I would say it because I did say it. "Fluked it" is extreme but there are obviously elements of luck: when Portsmouth won they beat Man U (fair play) and then got to play West Brom in the semis and then second division Cardiff in the final. Yes they still had to win and yes I doubt their fans celebrated any less but there was obviously a relatively kind draw at work. (And yes I know we lost to some lower league teams a few times which renders this argument completely moot in the mind of a person determined to argue about everything -- don't let me hear any of you ever say "it was bad luck to draw Chelsea in the third round of the Cup" then if luck doesn't play a factor.)

The most salient bit of this is confusing league position with ambition, because we weren't good enough doesn't mean we didn't have ambition.

We had a worse team than Liverpool and if ever there was justification in dropping our kex for them, say by dropping a good part of the first team at anfield it was then - we didn't - we went for them and blow me down beat the chumps quite regularly.

As I said ultimately this attitude led us to a trophy.

I know this won't wash because once the league position hook sets in nothing else matters, but it has to be said - because it's the truth.

The other stuff seemed a bit pedantry arsing around with words - I can't get involved in that game we all know what each is getting at.

Moyes haters are really deluded, seriously. They expect us to be in the top 4 every season, it's not going to happen with the current finances. Jokers..

Moyes haters are really deluded, seriously. They expect us to be in the top 4 every season, it's not going to happen with the current finances. Jokers..

Lololol. How about not ****ting it in derbies, big games, cautious tactics against the likes of Wigan etc, frankly odd substitutions, tactics (hoofball against stoke) and players out of positions?

Oh and top 4 finishes

Lololol. How about not ****ting it in derbies, big games, cautious tactics against the likes of Wigan etc, frankly odd substitutions, tactics (hoofball against stoke) and players out of positions?

Oh and top 4 finishes
and giving neville a 2 or 3yr contract when hes past it and giving cahill a year to play himself into form

i do have a view!!

but after a mod abused me on facebook i think i will keep quiet on here!

MOYES IS GREAT!!

i do have a view!!

but after a mod abused me on facebook i think i will keep quiet on here!

MOYES IS GREAT!!

You see this? This is like communism. People are afraid to speak their minds man.

YOU CANT KILL AN IDEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back