Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to west ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh dear tony henry

Really tough one to be honest. If you read what he's said though, all he's really done is be honest.

‘I could say we get offered Russian players. I just find with Russian players that they don’t settle in England.

‘It’s like Italians. How many Italians come and settle in England? As a club we are not discriminatory at all.

‘If you’ve got too many, they all sit together and it becomes a situation where you can have problems. But then you can have problems with English players.'

I think that's actually pretty much fair enough. They're a business at the end of the day - if they've had their hands burned by players from a specific culture, then common sense says you have to not repeat the mistake as it's an unacceptable risk for the business.

In a business where getting it wrong for one season can cost you hundreds of millions, you limit risk as best as possible. You can't demand West Ham sign Africans/Italians/Russians for 'inclusivity' if West Ham don't believe it's a sensible course of action and have reasonable grounds to believe so.

Let's face it, we all think the same - players from certain leagues and cultures struggle like crazy here.

bit pc gone mad that.
name 5 russians that have settled and consistently played well, even arshavin went crap and moved back to russia.
Not so sure on italians to be fair, but we've first hand knowledge of dutch players struggling to adapt.
I'd say its people struggling to adapt to the change of culture and the league and i don't see how you can call that racist?

Really tough one to be honest. If you read what he's said though, all he's really done is be honest.

I think that's actually pretty much fair enough. They're a business at the end of the day - if they've had their hands burned by players from a specific culture, then common sense says you have to not repeat the mistake as it's an unacceptable risk for the business.

In a business where getting it wrong for one season can cost you hundreds of millions, you limit risk as best as possible. You can't demand West Ham sign Africans/Italians/Russians for 'inclusivity' if West Ham don't believe it's a sensible course of action and have reasonable grounds to believe so.

Let's face it, we all think the same - players from certain leagues and cultures struggle like crazy here.
Agree.
The prime motive (for any employer) has to be to appoint whoever is the best person for that role, irrespective of colour, sex, belief etc.

What people forget \ ignore \ don't comprehend, when it comes to bandying around the racism \ sexism card, is that in considering who the best person for the role is, one must take into account how well that person will fit in with everybody else and the business' ethos.

The twig must bend in the wind, to remain part of the tree.

The quote above isn’t the bit he’s getting into trouble for.

His opinion is based around Sakho causing problems & he doesn’t even play for them anymore, it’s like him saying they won’t be signing anymore Europeans because Lee Bowyer once had a criminal record.

Henry sent an email on January 27 — in response to an inquiry about a footballer of Cameroonian descent — to another senior West Ham official and an agent.

In the email, Henry wrote: ‘We don’t want any more Africans

The quote above isn’t the bit he’s getting into trouble for.

His opinion is based around Sakho causing problems & he doesn’t even play for them anymore, it’s like him saying they won’t be signing anymore Europeans because Lee Bowyer once had a criminal record.
He doesn’t play for them as of this week!

I know we won’t (please god don’t let it happen), but if he became our next manager I’d find it difficult to like anything about Everton Football Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back