Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to west ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
A long read, but worth it:

Around West Ham United right now, there is a toxic atmosphere of proper nervousness and tension, and it goes way beyond what happens on a football pitch.

There was first of all the advice from Newham Council to postpone a planned protest march against the owners ahead of Saturday’s crucial home match against Burnley, with “safety” cited as a primary reason. Some involved still feel in outright danger.

Really, there’s no other way to feel, given the online comments of members of a fans group called Real West Ham Fans (Real WHF) – until last week known as the Real West Ham Fans Action Group – who were founded by the 1970s Inter-City Firm members and who multiple sources have claimed want a Lazio Ultras-style relationship with the club. The Real WHF initially announced the march, only to call it off after what they cite as “positive dialogue with the board” (when they also dropped ‘Action’ from their name). Some members then aggressively spoke out against the West Ham United Independent Supporters’ Association (WHUISA), who took up the baton on the protest, with coarse and politically-charged language used.

“All your left wing [Poor language removed] you ain’t passing through our manor,” one posted on Facebook on Saturday. “The ICF won’t allow it don’t cross us.”

“No your not your left wing c**t your not passng [sic].”

“March if you want but if you march with WHUISA it ain’t happening we ain’t left wing I’ll not left Anifita pass so now ICF you stand with me or your against me your choice [sic].”

These are just vignettes of how ugly this situation has got. This is also who West Ham have been in dialogue with, in meetings that involved other fans’ organisations.

It is a situation that people who work in the Football Supporters’ Federation (FSF) have described as “one of the worst come across”, and “wild-west stuff” that raises some serious questions for the club.

Mark Walker, the democratically elected head of WHUISA – an FSF-recognised body – is said by those who know him to feel “distraught”, hugely concerned for his physical safety and will probably never return to a game again. He had his Facebook account posted on the Real West Ham Fans own page, where he has been described as a “traitor to London” and had his support for Sadiq Khan brought up. The mayor himself is described by one member as a “terrorist sympathiser”.

For his part, Real WHF founding member Andrew Swallow initially responded to a list of questions emailed by The Independent, insisting it had “all been blown out of proportion” and stating that he would explain all in an interview at an agreed time. Swallow did not ring back, and did not respond to repeated phone calls.

Beyond those questions, it is a story that also cuts to the core of what a club represents, of who it represents, of its identity and soul.

He’s seems to be killing clubs that I hate, so expect him to get the Liverpool job at any time.
That would be perfection. They'd hate him, he'd hate them. We could laugh it up. Plus just imagine the implosion that would have to take place for that to happen over at the pit? They'd literally have to be relegated and have points deducted before they'd consider Moyes, and even then they wouldn't be too sure about how fit he was to take over there.

Please gods of football make this happen. I won't ask for anything else except a 61878 seat stadium on the waterfront, a fantastic manager, and a squad of hard working and gifted footballers working as a team beating everyone before them, I promise.

david-moyes-of-west-ham-united-after-his-press-conference-at-london-picture-id871739128

Man Utd - crashed over a cliff

Sociedad - had them dancing on the relegation trapdoor

Sunderland - fired them into the Championship that hard they'll end up in League Division Two

West Ham - taking them into the Championship and overseeing the lynching of their owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back