Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to west ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carroll's a waste man but he could be the difference to West Ham staying up or going down, now he won't play the remaining two games because can't let something minor like that fly, at least until the end of the season. Davie has always badly lacked people skills, his "you lot are kids and I'm the school teacher" approach to management has long had it's day.

I thought you lads might have had more fond memories for Moyes as you were on an upward spiral on a limited budget under him compared to where you were before he came in. Obviously I'm a Gooner though and haven't followed your situation that closely but how do you guys view his time at Everton?

I actually got harassed by Purple Aki when I was 20 in Slough back in 2000. Went to an interview that I failed in where my mate already had a job, met a bird off the net who things went sour with and she said she'd come back but she didn't. Then Purple came for a chat outside a library where I was meant to be meeting her. Talking about bodybuilding and feeling my arm and initially I thought I met a friend into a similar interest. After we'd gone into the library he'd pressured me into squating him and vice versa I realised I was in a situation. I tried to tell him I had weak knees, which was true but I also really wanted it to stop but he was telling me my legs were stronger than I realised. Anyway I told him I had a train to catch and had to go and he kept trying to get me back to his place but I managed to tool him off.

Anyway I missed my connecting train back home and had to pay £20 for a taxi. Crap day but a story anyway.

I thought you lads might have had more fond memories for Moyes as you were on an upward spiral on a limited budget under him compared to where you were before he came in. Obviously I'm a Gooner though and haven't followed your situation that closely but how do you guys view his time at Everton?

I actually got harassed by Purple Aki when I was 20 in Slough back in 2000. Went to an interview that I failed in where my mate already had a job, met a bird off the net who things went sour with and she said she'd come back but she didn't. Then Purple came for a chat outside a library where I was meant to be meeting her. Talking about bodybuilding and feeling my arm and initially I thought I met a friend into a similar interest. After we'd gone into the library he'd pressured me into squating him and vice versa I realised I was in a situation. I tried to tell him I had weak knees, which was true but I also really wanted it to stop but he was telling me my legs were stronger than I realised. Anyway I told him I had a train to catch and had to go and he kept trying to get me back to his place but I managed to tool him off.

Anyway I missed my connecting train back home and had to pay £20 for a taxi. Crap day but a story anyway.
Ya right lad, Aki had his way with you, post the truth.

We're all friends here.

Carroll's a waste man but he could be the difference to West Ham staying up or going down, now he won't play the remaining two games because can't let something minor like that fly, at least until the end of the season. Davie has always badly lacked people skills, his "you lot are kids and I'm the school teacher" approach to management has long had it's day.
Hahaha - he played today. Perhaps the idea of a manager disciplining players is alien to you? I seem to remember Moyes having a big bust up with Duncan Ferguson years ago, and he ended up being part of his backroom staff

Hahaha - he played today. Perhaps the idea of a manager disciplining players is alien to you? I seem to remember Moyes having a big bust up with Duncan Ferguson years ago, and he ended up being part of his backroom staff

He's got a lot out of Arnautovic who has been known to be a maverick in his younger days. Must be doing something right.

I agree, sometimes discipline and a will to battle and fight isn't a bad thing. Moyes instilled that at Everton in my opinion. We've lacked that at times this last few seasons.

He's got a lot out of Arnautovic who has been known to be a maverick in his younger days. Must be doing something right.

I agree, sometimes discipline and a will to battle and fight isn't a bad thing. Moyes instilled that at Everton in my opinion. We've lacked that at times this last few seasons.
Yeah, that desire got the lads over the line in the Champions League season. Used to be the Everton trademark, guys like Cahill, Stubbs, David Weir, etc. I think Sam is more content as long as they get results to finish mid table

We've lost a little of our tenacious 'never say die' mentality when our club's talismanic leader, Capt Jags, is not on the pitch (or is preoccupied doing up his boot laces)...

Absolutely agree. The guy is Churchill incarnate. Captain Jags goes where Angels fear to tread.
Moyes was very astute in appointing Capt Jags club captain. It's just a pity that it was pretty much Moysies last act as Everton's manager before he embarked on his spectacularly successful tenure as Man U's gaffer; he missed out on witnessing Capt Jags blossom into becoming the great leader he's become.

Moyes was very astute in appointing Capt Jags club captain. It's just a pity that it was pretty much Moysies last act as Everton's manager before he embarked on his spectacularly successful tenure as Man U's gaffer; he missed out on witnessing Capt Jags blossom into becoming the great leader he's become.

Our gain was Man Utd's loss. If Moyes had succeeded in signing captain Jags he would have marshalled the utd team into serial winners. Rio Ferdinand would have been forced to watch and learn.

Instead Jags spearheaded the defensive first wall of obstruction that came to represent Martinez's disciplinarian reign of terror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back