Mr bates v the Post Office

Street end man

Player Valuation: £35m
I'm not a serious TV watcher and usually stick with Salvage Hunters and Wheeler Dealers on Quest lol It is the Mrs in our house who is the book reader and watcher of gritty dramas, I can't be doing with them.

However last night she urged me to watch the first episode of this, under protest I did and very grateful to her for pushing the point.

Superbly acted and very well put together drama doc, only spoiled by the anger I felt against the bosses of the PO and Fujitsu, certainly be tuning in tonight.

Really hope this stirs a hornets nest now and people pay for their wrong doings, it seems the program is whipping up a frenzy already.

Anyone else watch it?

I'm not a serious TV watcher and usually stick with Salvage Hunters and Wheeler Dealers on Quest lol It is the Mrs in our house who is the book reader and watcher of gritty dramas, I can't be doing with them.

However last night she urged me to watch the first episode of this, under protest I did and very grateful to her for pushing the point.

Superbly acted and very well put together drama doc, only spoiled by the anger I felt against the bosses of the PO and Fujitsu, certainly be tuning in tonight.

Really hope this stirs a hornets nest now and people pay for their wrong doings, it seems the program is whipping up a frenzy already.

Anyone else watch it?
I watched it too, I watched all 4 parts in one go…. It’s a national disgrace what has happened to these people, one can only imagine the pain and suffering they have been put through.

Followed the story for many years in Private Eye and those people went through a living persecution.
Even now being denied true justice.
Going to watch later.
Sickening how they were treated mate. Really do hope the culprits get their day in court and sweeping changes take place in how that business is run, especially their right to do their own prosecutions rather than pass it by the CPS. Talk about conflict of interests.

Got it on record to watch. This is a story I've kept close to including reading Nick Wallis's book.

The whole thing has always really affected me. How these people just trying to earn a living and serve their communities got shafted in such a long and malicious way. Simply so some corporate shrill can defend bad decisions they have made.

Really hope this shows adds some impetus to the people affected being properly compensated (if that is even possible) and that the people who caused it are properly prosecuted.

The whole legal system also needs to take a long hard look at itself.

Got it on record to watch. This is a story I've kept close to including reading Nick Wallis's book.

The whole thing has always really affected me. How these people just trying to earn a living and serve their communities got shafted in such a long and malicious way. Simply so some corporate shrill can defend bad decisions they have made.

Really hope this shows adds some impetus to the people affected being properly compensated (if that is even possible) and that the people who caused it are properly prosecuted.

The whole legal system also needs to take a long hard look at itself.
Here's hoping mate.

Watched it I knew the background of the story - it was a typical case of this government - the computer said no in their favour & crap on anyone innocent - great acting too -
To be fair Joey this went on under many different governments, the problem I see is the PO having far to much power under an ancient ruling they are under the crown and can be judge and basically jury. That needs stripping now straight away by this goverment, along with snatching back a CBE today.

To be fair Joey this went on under many different governments, the problem I see is the PO having far to much power under an ancient ruling they are under the crown and can be judge and basically jury. That needs stripping now straight away by this goverment, along with snatching back a CBE today.
Not a penny been paid out as yet, though ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back