Mr bates v the Post Office

After watching last nights episode i will watch the last 3. I don't think I could watch or listen to more of it, Infuriating as you rightly say. I will from now on though be watching and waiting for the day these scum who carried out this vindictive scandal are banged to rights big time.....it simply has to happen now.
its well worth a listen mate, it comes from the journalist who uncovered the story and followed it through.

Another 'victory' for IT and technology.

Never happened when details were on cards, and locked away in a filing cabinet.
I think this lies with the Post Office and their investigation body. I'm not sure too much could be aimed at Fujitsu as from wheat I am aware of, their staff knew of the issues but not necessarily that people were going to gaol on the back of the IT reports.

Caught a bit of that, that the lie was 'there's only you with these losses' is criminal conspiracy to me. On a corporate level. The largest miscarriage of justice in british history apparently. Now look at who sold the post office and the proviso's. It's the same bunch of very bad eggs that've cut the thalidomide compensation scheme, and suggested to the blood scandal victims that the country has no money. All the sleaze and criminality traces back to the same scum time after time.
From elsewhere. Scandal to scandal, ruined lives to torn apart families, and once again no one held to account.

Episode 2 is even more chilling. Certainly makes you lose faith in our justice system.
it's a throwback from our history and the Post Office being one of the first National Societal Infrastructure bodies who were then allowed to bring prosecutions. The bodies who now do most of the prosecutions for the state, such as the police, Social Security, Inland Revenue etc, all are well versed in disclosure to ensure fair trials, the Post Office it seems are still prosecuting people like it was 50 years ago. The compensation is pitiful though, and of no real compensation for lives ruined, for those 'fortunate' enough to have survived through it.

Fair play to all those involved in seeing it through and fighting the bar stewards. Those responsible for this continuing should be hunted down like dogs.

it's a throwback from our history and the Post Office being one of the first National Societal Infrastructure bodies who were then allowed to bring prosecutions. The bodies who now do most of the prosecutions for the state, such as the police, Social Security, Inland Revenue etc, all are well versed in disclosure to ensure fair trials, the Post Office it seems are still prosecuting people like it was 50 years ago. The compensation is pitiful though, and of no real compensation for lives ruined, for those 'fortunate' enough to have survived through it.

Fair play to all those involved in seeing it through and fighting the bar stewards. Those responsible for this continuing should be hunted down like dogs.
Great post

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back