Mr bates v the Post Office

ITV 1 - Peston last night the last 15 minutes with private eye owner Ian Hislop - was a joy to watch - the owner of private eye took apart the Tory mild & meek MP to shreds - I have been on this from day one - you in an election year are point scoring etc - such a rant - the MP asked him not to talk over him over the post office debate - & Hislop shouted NO - as you made a career by talking over everyone that's what MPs do - you never listen to the people he slated the judges involved Peston looked uncomfortable - the rant went on, and they sadly closed the show down - Hislop hammered the post office & the governments that knew this was going on to the post office post masters - the only person who stated this Horizon system may cause a big problem from anyone who plumped to use it = Labours Harriet Harman..... watch the last 15 - 20 minutes on catch up ITV 1 - absolutely brilliant viewing plus Hislop stated Private Eye will be going after everyone involved who caused this to happen .....

I think this is the segment Joey was chatting about

Do you think if we knock together a drama series about Everton’s points deduction we will get the points back? :coffee:
Now you're talking.
Imagine Sean Dyche sat at home, a close-up of his hard features slowly softening, the eyes gradually welling up as his XL Bully "Tarko" gazes adoringly up at him.

Last edited:

…..they‘re PO investigators, working in the interest of the PO and not in the interest of right and wrong, not in the interest of justice.

I’ve seen investigators like this so many times before in government.
It's the "you must be guilty so let's just talk about why" attitude they come in with that gets me. Ofsted were the example I had to put up with most recently.

From my wife's experiences, it has crept into the private sector too. Colleagues desperate to impress senior managers delight in doing any "investigation" in the most unpleasant and vindictive way possible, often after the flimsiest and most ridiculous of allegations.

Glad I am out of it ...

They claimed tax relief on the compo paid out!

Absolutely staggering arrogance
Sadly, it is unsurprising. They already defrauded the SPMs, so why not go all in and take some money from the state too?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back