Mr. Bill Kenrwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know what he's on about?

I think he's jealous of your ability to do this...

images

I haven't read anything on this issue that Davek has said that has made me think "he's talking rubbish there"

As much as a nice fella he is, Kenwright is holding us back

So you're saying that pushing for an increase in shares won't happen because,

a ) no shareholder wants to lose value in what they own or originally spent.

and

b ) even if they are prepared to do this for the good of the club, Bill has created a situation where this can't happen unless he and his two mates okay it, which they won't.

a few observations IF this is the case...

1. It seems that our expectations of the club are overshadowed by Bills financial aspirations.

2. Bill more than likely loves Everton, but not enough to make himself poorer. (funny that, the money it costs me to go and watch the blues play defo makes ME poorer)

3. This supports Bills quest to get an 'Arab' (they are all rich you know) investor to save him taking the risk personally.

4. Bills happy to watch the blues every week, hoping, we somehow pull a fantastic season out of the bag, changing the whole situation and making him look like he's actually done well.

All of this is speculation of course, but is this about right DaveK???

The thing with Kenwright is that he's never been the solution for Everton at any point. He himself knew this in 1994 when Johnson's bid was accepted over what his consortium could offer. He took partial control of Everton five years later when he himself said he didn't have the wherewithal to do so. Right from the off a decade ago he said he was a custodian who'd look for investment. But he got his feet under the table and a taste of power and got possissive of Everton FC like it was his *ahem* own trainset. That's why he scuttled KD and that's why he created the FSF scam to finally see Gregg off...and when he rid himself of Gregg he then needed Green/Earl to prop him up in power, and that was a fatal mistake for the club. And that's where we now stand - in a state of limbo and at the mercy of two people who couldn't give a toss about EFC unless it was dancing on the door of relegation and threatening the club's future sell on value.

It's a criminal stewardship of the club by Kenwright. He's sold Everton down the river. He can never be forgiven.

The thing with Kenwright is that he's never been the solution for Everton at any point. He himself knew this in 1994 when Johnson's bid was accepted over what his consortium could offer. He took partial control of Everton five years later when he himself said he didn't have the wherewithal to do so. Right from the off a decade ago he said he was a custodian who'd look for investment. But he got his feet under the table and a taste of power and got possissive of Everton FC like it was his *ahem* own trainset. That's why he scuttled KD and that's why he created the FSF scam to finally see Gregg off...and when he rid himself of Gregg he then needed Green/Earl to prop him up in power, and that was a fatal mistake for the club. And that's where we now stand - in a state of limbo and at the mercy of two people who couldn't give a toss about EFC unless it was dancing on the door of relegation and threatening the club's future sell on value.

It's a criminal stewardship of the club by Kenwright. He's sold Everton down the river. He can never be forgiven.
Your bang on there and with kenwright people will see the true picture one day and hopefully we dont have to go into the championship for it to unravel

Would you say my summarisation is accurate to your reasons for wanting rid of Bill???

I've tried to make it seem logical and possible, as well as probable, but no doubt this thread will spiral into a member war about who is a true Evertonian....

Just quickly expanding on the bold highlighted statement, Do you think a possible relegation scrap would force Green/Earl/Kenwright into action???

Last edited:

The crux of this recent history seems to be, according to previous posts of yours, we should've sold to Paul Gregg, someone the fans found almost as divisive and odious as Peter Johnson. Who knows where that could've led us now. Facing up to the reality, rather than any speculation of what if, we are not in a terrible position. We need investment yes, but I'm sure Bill could've sold the club to the kind of arseholes that bought Pompey. That what you want?

The core of every fans argument against Kenwright seems to be that we've not sold Everton out of his personal greed. My counter argument is that we've not sold the club because potential quality owners haven't come forward. The kind of owners who aren't just trying to make a fast profit - like we saw across the park.

Unfortunately without a new stadium Everton isn't an attractive proposition to an investor. There are, have been and will be plans to change that.

At the moment, watching the dull atmosphere at Arsenal the other night on telly, I'm quite happy with Goodison. Its falling apart but its still got passion.

Well, I think you've answered your own question there. You can have a variety of different models to work from: a purely corporate one or one based on a large membership base (although I wouldn't put Barca up as an ideal in that respect - they rake in around €1 billion in tv money that they obliterate all but Real Madrid with). We have neither; we have a private limited company surviving on handouts from SKY and selling talent because the sleeping partners Kenwright has hitched his wagon to dont give a flying one beyond making a killing on the price they paid for their shares. The first thing in moving forward is to recognise the problem. That's the problem. Trouble is, many see it as not a problem but a virtue. A virtue that we're second rate and a million miles from recapturing our former glories.

It's ok though, we're all laughing at Portsmouth.

Why do you always have to make a point and then give a dig to people that have a difference of opinion to yours?

Anyway...Yes we can laugh at Pompy, Newcastle, Wigan, West Ham, fulham, Blackpool and i cant even remember who owns Liverpool now- because I would rather have what we have than any of those owners.

Its not ideal at the moment I think theres a lot more than we know- I cant believe that someone would rather invest in Blackburn or Birmingham over us.

In an ideal world I would like to see an ownership that invests and cares- builds the club up to be self sufficent and washes its face in terms of hospitality and non match day activities. A new stadium that is an asset and doesnt rely on a marquee for its hospitality space.

I want to win things- I passionately want to win things but I also know that the grass is not always greener. Everyone cooed over Villa when Lerner got involved, they now operate a sell to buy policy with what I think is a much worse squad than ours. Al Fayed went in and spent a lot of money and has now put a stop to that- they are again Premier league mid table mediocrity.

So you're saying that pushing for an increase in shares won't happen because,

a ) no shareholder wants to lose value in what they own or originally spent.

and

b ) even if they are prepared to do this for the good of the club, Bill has created a situation where this can't happen unless he and his two mates okay it, which they won't.

a few observations IF this is the case...

1. It seems that our expectations of the club are overshadowed by Bills financial aspirations.

2. Bill more than likely loves Everton, but not enough to make himself poorer. (funny that, the money it costs me to go and watch the blues play defo makes ME poorer)

3. This supports Bills quest to get an 'Arab' (they are all rich you know) investor to save him taking the risk personally.

4. Bills happy to watch the blues every week, hoping, we somehow pull a fantastic season out of the bag, changing the whole situation and making him look like he's actually done well.

All of this is speculation of course, but is this about right DaveK???

Then they should stand aside and put their shares up for sale, a real sale not BKs idea of a sale. BK would not recognise investment or a buyer even if a container truck rolled up full of cash. IMO there are a whole raft of issues going on within the club's directors/shareholders of which we have no knowledge which obstructs either investment or sale. Notice never hear any comment from Earl, Carter or our good doctor let alone BK.

Would you say my summarisation is accurate to your reasons for wanting rid of Bill???

I've tried to make it seem logical and possible, as well as probable, but no doubt this thread will spiral into a member war about who is a true Evertonian....

Just quickly expanding on the bold highlighted statement, Do you think a possible relegation scrap would force Green/Earl/Kenwright into action???

Yes. But the action would be to sack Moyes. Make no mistake, Bill would plunge the knife into DM if that happened.

The crux of this recent history seems to be, according to previous posts of yours, we should've sold to Paul Gregg, someone the fans found almost as divisive and odious as Peter Johnson. Who knows where that could've led us now. Facing up to the reality, rather than any speculation of what if, we are not in a terrible position. We need investment yes, but I'm sure Bill could've sold the club to the kind of arseholes that bought Pompey. That what you want?

The core of every fans argument against Kenwright seems to be that we've not sold Everton out of his personal greed. My counter argument is that we've not sold the club because potential quality owners haven't come forward. The kind of owners who aren't just trying to make a fast profit - like we saw across the park.

Unfortunately without a new stadium Everton isn't an attractive proposition to an investor. There are, have been and will be plans to change that.

At the moment, watching the dull atmosphere at Arsenal the other night on telly, I'm quite happy with Goodison. Its falling apart but its still got passion.

Gregg's scheme for the KD should have been a no brainer to accept. Whether he should, thereafter, have been backed in his struggle with Kenwright over ownership is another matter. With KD he had a powerful organisation behind him; with the takeover who knows what would have happened. I was never that convinced by his claim to have Grantchester in the bag (we'll never know now).

"Potential quality owners have never come forward". Because we are not for sale. How hard is it to understand that plain fact? Dont believe me? Look at the words of Kenwright: he's looking for investors not buyers...as he and the rest of the board made abundantly and crystal clear to the Kirkby Inquiry.

Why do you always have to make a point and then give a dig to people that have a difference of opinion to yours?

Anyway...Yes we can laugh at Pompy, Newcastle, Wigan, West Ham, fulham, Blackpool and i cant even remember who owns Liverpool now- because I would rather have what we have than any of those owners.

Its not ideal at the moment I think theres a lot more than we know- I cant believe that someone would rather invest in Blackburn or Birmingham over us.

In an ideal world I would like to see an ownership that invests and cares- builds the club up to be self sufficent and washes its face in terms of hospitality and non match day activities. A new stadium that is an asset and doesnt rely on a marquee for its hospitality space.

I want to win things- I passionately want to win things but I also know that the grass is not always greener. Everyone cooed over Villa when Lerner got involved, they now operate a sell to buy policy with what I think is a much worse squad than ours. Al Fayed went in and spent a lot of money and has now put a stop to that- they are again Premier league mid table mediocrity.

Well I didn't mean to have a personal dig. I apologise if it came over that way.

You believe the grass isn't always greener and could be a lot worse. I get it. For me, though, things as they stand are pretty much intolerable. Everton are a massive football club. 5th and 6th is nowhere. That's not subjective it's a fact. We have the potential to eclipse (as we have throughout our history) almost all of English football's elite. You dont get to become the countries 4th most successful club without being a powerhouse, and we have been throughout our history...even Johnson's regime pulled a trophy out of the bag. We are punching well below our weight. We need a stadium or redevelopment and we need a few quid in the transfer market. Other clubs have gotten it. They might have screwed up and not took the opportunity, but they've had it. It's not all about billionaires as many would have you think is being asked for...including that ******* clown Kenwright.

Well I didn't mean to have a personal dig. I apologise if it came over that way.

You believe the grass isn't always greener and could be a lot worse. I get it. For me, though, things as they stand are pretty much intolerable. Everton are a massive football club. 5th and 6th is nowhere. That's not subjective it's a fact. We have the potential to eclipse (as we have throughout our history) almost all of English football's elite. You dont get to become the countries 4th most successful club without being a powerhouse, and we have been throughout our history...even Johnson's regime pulled a trophy out of the bag. We are punching well below our weight. We need a stadium or redevelopment and we need a few quid in the transfer market. Other clubs have gotten it. They might have screwed up and not took the opportunity, but they've had it. It's not all about billionaires as many would have you think is being asked for...including that ******* clown Kenwright.

So Ive to ask you this- do you think 'things' are better now than they were under Johnson or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.