My faith in Moyes restored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Dane

Player Valuation: £15m
I have had restored my faith in Moyes not by yesterdays result, but because of the fact that despite having 3 of his favorites Cahill, Jags and Osman available, Moyes kept with the 11 who had done well against Arsenal.

Also Moyes after the game coming out and saying he really thought he should have done better with the players he had and admitting that he has had problems finding the team that could get results. This speaks volumes about looking inward and knowing your responsability.

I have to say that some of us have been saying for a while it should be 442. I wonder what our recent form - and yesterday's score would have been - had TC not gone to the Asia Cup? OK, it's easy for us to suggest such things as our jobs don't depend on it, but if only Davy had played that team and formation (injuries notwithstanding) from the start of the season do you not think we'd be comfortably top six by now?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had restored my faith in Moyes not by yesterdays result, but because of the fact that despite having 3 of his favorites Cahill, Jags and Osman available, Moyes kept with the 11 who had done well against Arsenal.

Also Moyes after the game coming out and saying he really thought he should have done better with the players he had and admitting that he has had problems finding the team that could get results. This speaks volumes about looking inward and knowing your responsability.

Amazing!! one result and faith is restored.. when will you people realize the only reason we expect what we do is becase of moyes, without him we will fall, there is not another manager out there that would show the loyalty and dedication(under the circumstances)that man shows to the club, i have supported this glorius club since i was a nipper and my love will never die and in the time i have supported i have seen 2 great managers "Howard Kendall" and "David fu**ing Moyes"!!! So ye of little faith start getting behind th manager instead of judging him on one result!!! (did you feel this way last season when we where flying and beating everyone?)

Moyesie is a steady Eddie of a manager. You'll never go desperately wrong with him in the dugout. He's not the greatest of tacticians in terms of assessing things quickly and changing if Plan A is scuppered, so he'll never be considered for a job at the top end of the league. But he sussed out years ago this league table can be climbed by hard work, discipline and team spirit. That's his strength and he's maximized it.

He would have stuck with the same team and not risked Timmy and Jags because we should have walked over Blackpool.
Yes we got the result but we let in sloppy goals. If we had played Chelsea yesterday we would have got hammered.

Amazing!! one result and faith is restored.. when will you people realize the only reason we expect what we do is becase of moyes, without him we will fall, there is not another manager out there that would show the loyalty and dedication(under the circumstances)that man shows to the club, i have supported this glorius club since i was a nipper and my love will never die and in the time i have supported i have seen 2 great managers "Howard Kendall" and "David fu**ing Moyes"!!! So ye of little faith start getting behind th manager instead of judging him on one result!!! (did you feel this way last season when we where flying and beating everyone?)

thing is tho - moyes knew when he first came we werent rolling in it AND he gets paid handsomely...... i felt like he shouldve gone this time last year, some of his decisions were way too weird for me so i wanted ANYONE - even hodgson/grant, dougs dads dog. but i`ve learned to accept moysies foibles. COYB

You obviously did not read the first line of my post.

At least if you're going to post ill informed, self loathing statements about Moyes then stand by them. He was revelling in everyone having a go at anyone defending Moyes but now he wants to jump ship?

At least if you're going to post ill informed, self loathing statements about Moyes then stand by them. He was revelling in everyone having a go at anyone defending Moyes but now he wants to jump ship?

My faith in Moyes has never wavered.

And it won't waiver because the man's got more knowledge, honour, dignity and respect for Everton than the ones who've questioned him.

I won't question him disrespectfully either when he finally (and soon) gets the resources he needs at Everton either, because the man's track records all things being equal is second to none.

And we're lucky to have him.

I wouldn't mind but were still a bit ****, we should have easily beaten Blackpool yesterday but made hard work of it.

The season is likely to end up a huge disappointment and in amongst all the finger pointing Moyes will deserve some of the flack coming his way. He is however one of the main assets we have at the club and someone we need desperately to keep hold of and most importantly, allow him some money to improve the team.

Instead we get a load of melts going lunatic after we get beat or go through a sh*t patch wanting Moyes head on a stake to satisfy their own sense of disappointment and general low self esteem. It also makes the forum a crap place to be.

I fume as much as anyone but perspective lids.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.