Myra the Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I’m not sure what I think about this.

The dog didn’t ask to be lifted up in the midst of that chaos.

It’s a bizarre and memorable image, but it doesn’t sit entirely comfortably with me.
Yup. My sentiments too.

Not keen on the idea of the critter being terrified.

And I’m not a woke character, far from it.

Yup. My sentiments too.

Not keen on the idea of the critter being terrified.

And I’m not a woke character, far from it.
From what I read there were so many fans the dog couldn't get through. However the fans then parted when they saw her being lifted. I think from the photo of her afterwards with the Everton pennant she wasn't too traumatised.

Myra the Toffee Dog at Goodison Bark lol ?
Well I used to bring my mutt to Rovers' home games in the 80s. The Fans loved him and called him Rover - his real name was Randy after the Thin Lizzy song Randolph's Tango.

Never on the pitch because there was another lovely old lady - probably long passed - who also brought her little dog and accompanied the team onto the pitch. Those were the days, but we have a chance to bring them back with Myra

you could be right, my mate had one, proper agile thing, he couldn't keep it in the garden, it was always escaping. Lovely dog though
A malnois is pretty much a full time job.

It sounds like this was the case with Myra, her previous owners giving her up for adoption a few months ago. They had a big spike in the US a couple of years ago because a Malnois caught an ISIS bigwig, so obviously it's the perfect pet for a flag waving patriot. Idiots.

Friend of mine trains them for Dubai Police (https://instagram.com/sahara_kennel?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=) and those that fail go out to adoption, very carefully vetted because of the high time commitment needed.

They can predict pretty accurately at the first assessment (around 3 months) which dogs make the grade.

Beautiful dog and now a part of Everton forever. We couldnt ask for a better mascot :)

edit:
gotta be honest tho, Myra looks nervous and uncomfortable. Done is done, shes now a part of our history, but we should maybe not do this again.
We didn't do it though. Her owners did.

Despite knowing there was a match on, they took her for a walk which went directly past the ground. Fair enough they didn't know the plan to greet the bus, but they live 2 streets away, so will be aware of how busy it gets. All the fans did was record the fact the dog was being carried.

Beautiful dog and now a part of Everton forever. We couldnt ask for a better mascot :)

edit:
gotta be honest tho, Myra looks nervous and uncomfortable. Done is done, shes now a part of our history, but we should maybe not do this again.
I'll give you her agent's number. He's got different ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.