Naismith 'Strike' Credited As Own Goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
No goal bonus, no Scalextric for little Naisy this Christmas. Damn you Dubious Goals Committee! Damn youuuuuu!

....not sure of the sums but he must be close to doubling his salary with the new deal. Think little Naisy is more likely to get the real thing than a scalextric.

....I always think of the impact on betting market, more specifically folk back 1st and/or last scorer. As own goals don't count anybody who backed Naismith wouldn't have won and last goal would have been Mirallas had QPR not eventually grabbed the last goal.

So with Kevs and Naismiths either technically(Kevs) or actual, (Naismiths), both OGs, plus Ross's took a titchy deletion, (would have been in anyrate imo), were we gifted a game by QPR like, er, you know who? lol

We got lucky yeah.

More though lucky deflections rather than gash defending that helped the rs.

yep, said at the time, it wasn't going in at the end of the day after the keeper saved it. it is a bit of a joke system though, surely mirallas' should be an OG - i understand if it's going in and takes a slight deflection, but for his, vargas headed it in totally different corner of the goal.

but the worst of this is that they have a team dedicated to look at deflected goals - yet they stupidly don't have a team in place to analyse all the cheating that is going on in the game. i mean, who the [Poor language removed] employs morons like this at the head of football? i'm sure fans are more concerned with if it was an OG or not over a player diving to rob their team of a win

Technically it's correct but harsh IMO, the rules are stupid really, Mirallas' free kick wouldn't have gone in without the wicked deflection but because it was on target then he gets the goal. Naisy's header was on target and ended up in the net via a double ricochet, but because the first ricochet took it away from goal then he doesn't get it!

Technically correct according to the rules, but harsh!

Technically it's correct but harsh IMO, the rules are stupid really, Mirallas' free kick wouldn't have gone in without the wicked deflection but because it was on target then he gets the goal. Naisy's header was on target and ended up in the net via a double ricochet, but because the first ricochet took it away from goal then he doesn't get it!

Technically correct according to the rules, but harsh!
I'd say Mirallas's effort was on target, in which case just as it would be the strikers goal if the goalie had got a hand to it before it went in, so it is correct to give it to the striker if it hits a defender before going in.

I think with Barkley's the panel decided, quite rightly, that since balls move so much these days when struck the way Barkley hit it then Barkley should be given the benefit of the doubt. Again, quite right. They also got the Naisy one right. So, 3 out of 3 called correctly in my mind.

Barkleys stood? Even though it was marginally going wide before being deflected to sneak inside the post.

Typical really, the rules of the dubious goals panel don't apply, but then, why should they - referee's are making it up weekly as well.
You could be right, but are you dead sure? Unless you saw it with a different camera angle from me, it's hard to tell.

There's doubt, so, Barkley gets the goal.

The header was hitting the corner flag before it was bundled into the net by the GK and a defender. It probably took the panel two seconds to come to their conclusion.

3KuN79Nl.jpg

let the record state Everton 3 QPR 1. Who cares how the goals were scored.

If this was RAWK we could be debating if Naismiths "OG" was the best OG ever scored

Ffs and we just gave him a new contract. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING GET OUT THE CLUB YOU OVERPAID SCOTTISH MEFF

yep, said at the time, it wasn't going in at the end of the day after the keeper saved it. it is a bit of a joke system though, surely mirallas' should be an OG - i understand if it's going in and takes a slight deflection, but for his, vargas headed it in totally different corner of the goal.

but the worst of this is that they have a team dedicated to look at deflected goals - yet they stupidly don't have a team in place to analyse all the cheating that is going on in the game. i mean, who the [Poor language removed] employs morons like this at the head of football? i'm sure fans are more concerned with if it was an OG or not over a player diving to rob their team of a win
Great point.

And they should have a dubious ref's panel.

Thinking about it, this whole thing should probably be discussed in the match thread.

I'm going to form a dubious threads panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back