Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He fits the Gareth Farrelly mould for me: nice lad, cant do the job.

Let's face it, he's only getting any game time at all because Moyes brought him in and wasted wages and a signing on fee for him. If we lost Moyes in the summer this lad might as well jump in his suitcase with him.

Total over reaction. Massive scapegoat! Not a winger Davek. You can't knock him when he's way out of position.

although i'm still not convinced the lad is good enough, it's a bit harsh giving him loads when he's coming on. I like to think fans were booing more for the fact mirallas was going off than naismith coming on.

although i'm still not convinced the lad is good enough, it's a bit harsh giving him loads when he's coming on. I like to think fans were booing more for the fact mirallas was going off than naismith coming on.

Yeh I agree mate. Hopefully Naismith realised that too. There was booing against Wigan when he took Mirallas off. Think I've gathered Moyes only willing to risk Mirallas for 70mins.

Yeh I agree mate. Hopefully Naismith realised that too. There was booing against Wigan when he took Mirallas off. Think I've gathered Moyes only willing to risk Mirallas for 70mins.

when he's one of our better players on the day, i can understand fans being frustrated that our most creative player is withdrawn, lucky for Moyes it worked out this week.

I'll admit I was booing the screen when Mirallas was taken off, 2/3s being him going off after looking good giving us some offensive outlet and 1/3 seeing it was Naismith who I've mostly ever seen dallying on the ball and doing the Neville-esque 3 m passes behind players or straight to the opposition.
I still thought he had a half-decent game yesterday, and as said, he does put in a shift every time he's in. He's a good enough squad player for us and I can understand wanting to give Mirallas a bit of a rest so he can stay fit for the rest of the season. He could well be the difference in 0-1-3 pts away to Spurs/Arse/****e , remember him tearing the reds apart until bucktooth stamped on his ankle. Don't think they realized how lucky they were.

After Naismith gets his chance in the next game, i have a feeling you may be back tracking once again.

I've never back tracked on Naismith I like him he works hard and I've witnessed him Rangers best player time and time again. He's never ever ever going to be a winger.

I've never back tracked on Naismith I like him he works hard and I've witnessed him Rangers best player time and time again. He's never ever ever going to be a winger.

He may have the oppertunity to play behind Victor in the next, or Jelavic.

He could prove me wrong, but i don't think he is good enough for the premiership.

Going to start a new game on footy manager tonight and sell him just to make me feel better till Sunday.

when he's one of our better players on the day, i can understand fans being frustrated that our most creative player is withdrawn, lucky for Moyes it worked out this week.

Spot on this. If we hadn't won on Saturday, Moyes would have been rightly slated. Naismith offered absolutely nothing in place of Mirallas, in fact it weakened us. We won despite the substitution, not because of it.

Spot on this. If we hadn't won on Saturday, Moyes would have been rightly slated. Naismith offered absolutely nothing in place of Mirallas, in fact it weakened us. We won despite the substitution, not because of it.

Naismith didn't do anything to hurt the team did he? It's a bit unfair to say we won inspite of him (I'm aware this may not be what you're saying but I'd like to make the point in case others are)

Naismith didn't do anything to hurt the team did he? It's a bit unfair to say we won inspite of him (I'm aware this may not be what you're saying but I'd like to make the point in case others are)

He's the scapegoat. He can't win. If he scored 3 hatricks in a row. He'd still be gash.

Absolute rubbish. The fact that he was more positionally astute than Mirallas and able to drop into the gap allowed Coleman to be far more effective than he may have been had Mirallas been left to wander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back