Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham have only scored in 1 league game so far this season and so 1-0 could be enough to secure the 3 points. I don't think we need to be too open and chase the game. I'd keep it tight and try to nick a goal.

Against West Ham?

Bollocks to that. We shouldn't have to worry about containing those bunch of cloggers. We should just smash the bastards into the stone age with skill and speed.

Against West Ham?

Bollocks to that. We shouldn't have to worry about containing those bunch of cloggers. We should just smash the bastards into the stone age with skill and speed.

They shouldn't pose too much goal threat but I'd expect some rough treatment. It would be a rude awakening for a young player coming over from the Barca academy.

At the weekend they played Diame on the right of midfield and he was a real handful. If we played Deulofeu on the left and he was physically overwhelmed or neglected the defensive side of the game we could be leaving Baines exposed.

Noble, Morrison, Diame, Nolan and Jarvis are going to get stuck in and it will be a physical contest. Can we afford to play two 19 year olds (Barkley and Deulofeu), a hot and cold winger (Mirallas) and two thirty-plus midfielders (Osman and Barry) against them?

Are we really more likely to be the dominant side at their place? They're likely to be in our face and not give us time on the ball. We're going to need to match them first and hope that our extra quality tells in the end.

If defleflu is on his game then Diame needs to go backwards to help his fullback and we've completely negated his attacking threat and created a situation where our most threatening attacking player, Baines, can attack at will as he's got no defending to do.

Noble, Morrison?, Diame and the likes are physical but they're poor footballers compared to ours. Do we try and do them with strength or guile? I'd say we've got enough about us to compete with them physically either way.

We'll dominate the ball as Allardyce will be more than happy to allow us it. They'll only start to bite once we get within 40 yards of their goal. in that tight space we'll need invention over industry to break them down.

We should trust in ourselves and our players and let them worry about us. Not spend our time worrying about them.

If defleflu is on his game then Diame needs to go backwards to help his fullback and we've completely negated his attacking threat and created a situation where our most threatening attacking player, Baines, can attack at will as he's got no defending to do.

Noble, Morrison?, Diame and the likes are physical but they're poor footballers compared to ours. Do we try and do them with strength or guile? I'd say we've got enough about us to compete with them physically either way.

We'll dominate the ball as Allardyce will be more than happy to allow us it. They'll only start to bite once we get within 40 yards of their goal. in that tight space we'll need invention over industry to break them down.

We should trust in ourselves and our players and let them worry about us. Not spend our time worrying about them.

How many Premier League minutes has Deulofeu played? Maybe 20? You can't expect him to come in and start bossing experienced pros, especially away from home. Even if he did well he's not going to have his own way for the full 90 minutes. There will be spells in the game where we will be under pressure.

You over-estimate our team and under-estimate theirs. The Hammers will be as in our face as we were against Chelsea at Goodison. We won't have the freedom to pass it around. We'll have to earn the right to play.

Said from day 1, the fellas got talent.

10-11-2012, 10:06 PM
1) How did he do with the ball? He fell over it or mis**** it or simply just watched it sail by him
2) How did he do off the ball? Ran around
3) How was he defensively? Awful
4) How was he offensively? Beyond bad
5) How many misplaced passes did he have? 12
6) How many times did he lose possession for us? Everytime he touched the ball

I also watched him, as it stands, hes a terrible footballer.

Time will tell I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back