Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like a short Phil Neville. But give him a chance hey. There was a time when you thought Fellaini was rubbish.

He was tho mate.

I can only judge people as I see them, when I said Fellaini was gash, he was utter gash.

He sure showed me, I look forward to Naismith doing the same.

He was tho mate.

I can only judge people as I see them, when I said Fellaini was gash, he was utter gash.

He sure showed me, I look forward to Naismith doing the same.

It's whats on the inside that counts though mate. If people judged you as they saw you they would be missing out wouldnt they now?

It's whats on the inside that counts though mate. If people judged you as they saw you they would be missing out wouldnt they now?

Not really mate, I kinda look superb, when people get to know me, they realise im not only superb, but im also utterly superb.

I think you got me mixed up with Christina Aguilera mate.

Even at the start there were those of us who could see Fellaini had talent, Naismith is a dreadful winger, he's even worse when Coleman isnt behind him to do all the wing play, Moyes knowingly formed a partnership of death down the right last night, sent us right back to the days when absolutely everything came down the left, it was depressing to watch.

He takes to long to think about what he is doing, and take the ball under controll.

Im sure with a bit of time, he will adapt.

If you compare Pienaar. The first 2 yards and 1st movement is on his head, Naismith seems to wait till he has the ball to do this.

I’m not really sure what he offers as a footballer to be honest? He seems to have a good knack of arriving un-noticed in the box at times and has scored a few goals with it, but other than that.. Not at this level anyway, I’m sure at a lower level he probably looks decent.

Last night he offered nothing going forward and no help defensively. At corners it was his job to stand in front of the keeper, yet when Fellaini won the header and the loose ball bounced he just stood back and let the keeper clear it, he should have been on that loose ball. A few times he got the ball in decent areas and then was just looking for someone to help him as he didn’t know what to do with it. One time especially, one touch and shoot would have got us a corner at least but he messed about and tried to turn on himself.

I know he’s a free transfer and everything and a body in the squad, but I’d much rather see Barkley given a chance at playing that role to get some Everton first team experience than have to endure another game watching a player that offers us very little and is unlikely to be here long term.

Even at the start there were those of us who could see Fellaini had talent, Naismith is a dreadful winger, he's even worse when Coleman isnt behind him to do all the wing play, Moyes knowingly formed a partnership of death down the right last night, sent us right back to the days when absolutely everything came down the left, it was depressing to watch.

100% this. Some of us said a few weeks ago that at the first sign of adversity Moyes would drop an attacking approach on both flanks and reach for his security blanket. I'd given him the benefit of the doubt he'd changed, but he's proving himself completely incapable of shaping a side with balance.

Naismith is really poor. I don't say this in jest... I have a better touch on the ball than him. His close control is awful!! To be a proffesional and have a touch like that baffles me it really does.

As said he does have a knack of arriving in the box unnoticed and because of that will grab some goals over the course of a season but he should never be starting games IMO. We would of torn arsenal apart with mirallas or Donovan on the right. I'd go Oviedo, Vic, Barkley, starting before him on the right.

Watching him shoot before the game last night in the warm up jelavic was slotting nearly everything, Gibson too. Naismith just skyed everything!! Was embarrassed for him tbh.

Naismith is really poor. I don't say this in jest... I have a better touch on the ball than him. His close control is awful!! To be a proffesional and have a touch like that baffles me it really does.

As said he does have a knack of arriving in the box unnoticed and because of that will grab some goals over the course of a season but he should never be starting games IMO. We would of torn arsenal apart with mirallas or Donovan on the right. I'd go Oviedo, Vic, Barkley, starting before him on the right.

Watching him shoot before the game last night in the warm up jelavic was slotting nearly everything, Gibson too. Naismith just skyed everything!! Was embarrassed for him tbh.
I agree with most of what you're saying here, sort of, but the bolded - bit same was said about Billy, and we all know what he was capable of with that left leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back