Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many people (1 in particular) have an agenda to want our players to fail for some reason, probably because it makes their original 'opinion' correct and they get big internet points...

How about we get behind our players (particularly the younger ones), support them, and actually give them a chance to gain experience and improve?

The same people had written Mykolenko off before he'd even kicked a ball as they didn't think we should have sold Lucas 'walking yellow card' Digne...
Agreed it's only pre season!
Chelsea just lost 4 0 to Arsenal.
He isn't good enough for a top 5 side but not are the rest of the players.
We need midfielders and a replacement for Richarlisons goals.

Which is why it was utterly criminal to bring him here in the first place.
Absolutely not.
These are the kind of signings we need to make.
We cannot afford maybe 35m for the finished article.
Patterson has cost us relatively little but if his fee rises to 16m then he will have a value which is multiples of that.

We will see over the next couple of games as the season nears if the manager intends to play him.

Rising to £16M?

A very good young RB went to Spurs for a fee rising to £20M.

Guess who got the best deal?
Who knows. Both players are players for the future and are unproven at PL level.

If you are right, we won't spend the 16m though, so it's 11m. If you are wrong, we spend the 16m and it was a good deal.

We keep shouting about not signing prospects for relatively low fees (11m is pretty low nowadays) yet when we do, you write them off.

Even if he isn’t cack and will eventually come good (which is far from guaranteed) we are not in a position to be waiting two or three years for a player to become half decent. At present, I think his signing was a very bad use of funds at a time when our transfer budget is extremely limited.

Absolutely not.
These are the kind of signings we need to make.
We cannot afford maybe 35m for the finished article.
Patterson has cost us relatively little but if his fee rises to 16m then he will have a value which is multiples of that.

We will see over the next couple of games as the season nears if the manager intends to play him.
lol

Even if he isn’t cack and will eventually come good (which is far from guaranteed) we are not in a position to be waiting two or three years for a player to become half decent. At present, I think his signing was a very bad use of funds at a time when our transfer budget is extremely limited.
It was terrible scouting.

When have you watched Djed Spence may I ask?
Patterson has a much better attitude than Djed Spence, that's for sure... I know it was very much Middlesbrough that didn't want him back and they were delighted he had a good season at Forest as they were previously wanting rid for about £2m before last season.

Patterson has a much better attitude than Djed Spence, that's for sure... I know it was very much Middlesbrough that didn't want him back and they were delighted he had a good season at Forest as they were previously wanting rid for about £2m before last season.

Wonder how many pages of vitriol Dave would spew if this was Patterson.

0_image-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back