Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we have such an abundance of depth in our squad who would suggest we start at right back for the majority of the season? Soon to be 34 and currently injured Seamus Coleman?
We'll get one in. If not Aarons then someone else.

We cant have Godfrey being stretch like that in a PL game.

Anyone not recognising the fact that this lad not having a defensive game and it'll cause us a world of pain just dont concentrate enough.

Yes, the crosses will be good if he's given time on the ball. Play him as a winger if that's what the manager wants, but he cant be anywhere near that backline.

We'll need cover brought in for that.

We'll get one in. If not Aarons then someone else.

We cant have Godfrey being stretch like that in a PL game.

Anyone not recognising the fact that this lad not having a defensive game and it'll cause us a world of pain just dont concentrate enough.

Yes, the crosses will be good if he's given time on the ball. Play him as a winger if that's what the manager wants, but he cant be anywhere near that backline.

We'll need cover brought in for that.
Why would we loan Patterson to bring in Aarons. What would be the point of that?

Loaning a player not deemed ready yet, only to replace them with a player already proved to not be good enough.

He said it himslef: "That's my aim, try and provide goals and assists".

There's no defensive impulse there.

A nominal RB only.

And that is why Lampard has to get another RB in. One who can be disciplined and defend, otherwise we'll be getting battered down our right side.

Similar to Patterson, Seamus was in and out of the team when he first arrived due to the defensive side of his game, which was very poor. Due to being coached well, within a year he was a mainstay. The same will happen with Patterson
You missed a stage out: Championship loan to learn how to compete in his own half of the pitch.

Yeah, it's just me who sees this frailty in defence. I suggest you rewind this thread to the last friendly Everton played.
I suggest you read his thread today for all the praise he's been getting, if you want to take games in isolation?

He played the position he was asked today, did very well and did not look out of place in our team at all. Had a direct hand in 3 goals and wasn't at fault for anything defensively.

Well played Pato, looking forward to more of the same. Refreshing to see after watching Coleman for the last 3 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back