2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have plenty of evidence Coleman should not be starting for a PL team. That's the point

But no proof this kid is a better option right now.

Some may point to the fact that he plays for his national team. So does Coleman.

He’s a 20 year old who’s played a dozen times in the SPL.

And based on the unfortunate reaction from a large number of fans on here to the performances of our other new fullback, i’d rather he’s not chucked in if he’s not ready.

….fit and available but not seen any game time at RB despite problems in that position, whilst an undercooked and struggling acquisition at LB comes straight in.

i wonder if this is more to do with Patterson being a target for the previous regime & Kenwright conducting the negotiations. Nothing would surprise me with Benitez. I like the look of Patterson, think he could be an instant upgrade.

….fit and available but not seen any game time at RB despite problems in that position, whilst an undercooked and struggling acquisition at LB comes straight in.

i wonder if this is more to do with Patterson being a target for the previous regime & Kenwright conducting the negotiations. Nothing would surprise me with Benitez. I like the look of Patterson, think he could be an instant upgrade.

Also helps that he speaks the language.

The fact that Benitez decided it would be better to move a centre half to right back after taking Coleman off, rather than bring an actual right back on, against the team bottom of the league in a match where we were crying out for some creativity down the flank, truly baffled me.

Personally I would have taken off Keane at the same time as Coleman, kept Godfrey at CB alongside Mina and brought Patterson on in place of Coleman.

But playing players in their actual positions isn’t something Benitez seems to like doing.

I wonder if he’ll need a defensive winger like Townsend in front of him. Richarlison the other more exciting option.

But no proof this kid is a better option right now.

Some may point to the fact that he plays for his national team. So does Coleman.

He’s a 20 year old who’s played a dozen times in the SPL.

And based on the unfortunate reaction from a large number of fans on here to the performances of our other new fullback, i’d rather he’s not chucked in if he’s not ready.

He can run faster, I can think of a few players who were in before the 20th B'Day.

Again, until the lad plays in the PL you can’t say he isn’t the better option.

Glad Benitez has gone maybe the next manager will throw him straight in ,as watching 55yr old Coleman under hit passes which create goals for terrible teams is nauseating

I'm aware they've had a points deduction.

I mean i can understand Rooney getting sympathy due to their plight overall, but then any poor manager in a similar situation would get the same platitudes.
It’s not just a points deduction. Transfer embargo, no money to pay players, contracts being cancelled to cut costs. It’s an absolute tyre fire there.

He’d have them in the top 10 without the deduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.