Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying it's the wrong thing to do. Experience has got us absolutely nowhere and our experienced players are largely the ones who haven't performed.
It's odd, and makes the signing seem a bit bizarre, but I'm not sure we can say it's the wrong thing to do because we just haven't seen enough to have that opinion. To be honest Lampard's comments didn't exactly make it sound like he was knocking on the door either.

I don't think anyone's got an 'agenda' with Patterson, we all want to see him play.

But it's pretty clear that each manager, whatever people think of them, hasn't so far viewed him as being ready.

Which goes back to the point but I'm not allowed to reitarate that anymore :D
This is just my theory, I've never thought Coleman was an effective captain but the thinking might be that Frank doesn't want to further unsettle the dressing room by displacing him from that role even though he's heinous now. Theres a level of politics and a rigid club hierarchy that exists. If he wasn't the captain and a devoted club servant he would of been replaced years ago.

It is absolutely hilarious watching you throw your toys out the pram on this thread. You are absolutely desperate for this move not to work so you can pretend your in the know.
Look mate, go and listen to the Everton manager today and maybe you'll understand what I and other people who know about football can tell you about this player: decent going forward but nowhere near the level required defensively.

We'll see him loaned out at the end of this season and bring him back in if he's added defending to his game.

Kenny isn’t developed at a level for the PL either, he also never will be, why would you play him over someone who has a chance of developing into a Premier League footballer in the near future?

This really

To me it's like those arguing that Iwobi was a better choice to play than Gordon because he had the PL experience

Iwobi and Kenny are the level they are and the upside is minimal. Gordon and Patterson have a far bigger upside, so get them into the mix

I'm not saying Patterson should be starting every week or what-have-you

But 15-20 minutes off the bench in order to avoid Coleman getting utterly goosed? Yeah, he can manage that and it'll give him valuable minutes whilst also extending Coleman over the fixture pile-up

And, there's always a chance that he'll impress and push Kenny out of contention completely

It's ironic because Kenny himself had to take a back seat to Martina and it definitely stumped his progress and momentum at a critical moment in his development. Kenny is living proof of what happens if you don't pull the trigger at the right time, and now he himself is in the Martina role

Life is weird

I don't think anyone's got an 'agenda' with Patterson, we all want to see him play.

But it's pretty clear that each manager, whatever people think of them, hasn't so far viewed him as being ready.

Which goes back to the point but I'm not allowed to reitarate that anymore :D
Correct.

They see them in training every day. I think we should defer to their assessment, dont you?

It's odd, and makes the signing seem a bit bizarre, but I'm not sure we can say it's the wrong thing to do because we just haven't seen enough to have that opinion. To be honest Lampard's comments didn't exactly make it sound like he was knocking on the door either.

If they believe he is worse than our current full back options then why was he signed. We have arguably the poorest full backs in the league right now. Every game they are woeful.

I don't believe he is worse btw. Just making the point.

Look mate, go and listen to the Everton manager today and maybe you'll understand what I and other people who know about football can tell you about this player: decent going forward but nowhere near the level required defensively.

We'll see him loaned out at the end of this season and bring him back in if he's added defending to
So absolutely nothing then?

If they believe he is worse than our current full back options then why was he signed. We have arguably the poorest full backs in the league right now. Every game they are woeful.

This really. The signs were there we were sliding into trouble before he signed. If he couldn’t contribute this season then someone else should have been brought in. Coleman and Kenny are terrible both going forward and defensively. They get targeted game in game out. it’s troubling that they don’t rate him as even equal.

This is just my theory, I've never thought Coleman was an effective captain but the thinking might be that Frank doesn't want to further unsettle the dressing room by displacing him from that role even though he's heinous now. Theres a level of politics and a rigid club hierarchy that exists. If he wasn't the captain and a devoted club servant he would of been replaced years ago.
Mate how can you possibly describe a player that has had horrendous injuries yet does not sit on the sick note list like so many others as heinous? The meaning of that word is "utterly odious and wicked." Can you please sort your vocabulary out.

Yeah that's what i'm saying, we can look at it and say why the hell have we signed him (at this moment in time i mean, when we needed a right back) but it's hard to say they're making the wrong decision in not picking him because how do we know? There's clearly something that stops him from getting games, it's not a mad coincidence that Gerrard, Van Bronckhorst, Benitez, Ferguson and Lampard have all not put their faith in him surely? You'd have to assume that there's some part of his game that isn't seen as developed enough. I know people love to say 'he couldn't be any worse' in these situations but the truth is he could. We just have to hope the manager is making the right decisions, you were a big advocate of him coming in so it's a bit weird that you're immediately believing he's making a bad call without much evidence to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back