Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sign a right back with potential for the first time in a decade and all you do is sit there in your rocking chair wishing the lad fails miserably
Wrong. I've avoided the stupid expectations of others and sought to highlight his strengths and weaknesses and that the club dont see him as anything like nearly ready in training.

As Lampard said: one for the future. Get him loaned out and then we'll see.

It's not just that is it? Coleman, regardless of what a lot of people think, is still capable as an Everton starter. Relative to what he was is he worse? Yes. But this manager knows what resources he has in the position and can still see that Seamus is the best option at the moment.

I know people are anxious to see a new signing whomever that is. But FL is tasked with blending the defence to the rest of the team...as was RB and DF. None of them saw anything other than Coleman as their starter at RB.

Maybe trust that judgement?
I don't agree with that assessment, I think Coleman has been very lackluster this season. His composure has been very shaky and the amount of perpetual crucial errors he creates rivals keane. He's always been a consummate professional , a popular figure in the team with a positive and committed deposition which factors into the fact managers continue to select him. But performance wise he's just been on the decline. patterson might not be the immediate answer but Coleman playing on a regular basis isn't sustainable. Even if a rotation was possible I'd be accepting of his involvement. He just isnt able to handle the strain of playing on the regular with his past injuries and age.

So a premier league goalkeeper admits that it’s a common strategy to get the Everton fans against their own players. Yet a large chunk on here will claim it’s absolute codswallop, balderdash, the players just being fannies etc.

Our fan base is the laughing stock of the league.
Correct fellow blue.

In many ways these toxic, scruffy thick lizards are more anti Everton than kopites.

Not tagging any names but make if that what you will.

Correct fellow blue.

In many ways these toxic, scruffy thick lizards are more anti Everton than kopites.

Not tagging any names but make if that what you will.
It’s no wonder I never go to the matches, with all these men with badly dyed hair, trying to reignite their failing libidos by spending their weekends booing young athletes.

Patterson wasn’t even a regular starter for Rangers so I wouldn’t pin your Hope on him to much yet. I think he will become a great asset for us, but probably not just yet. Imo Coleman and Kenny are ahead of him atm.
Mate I'm not pinning I questioned why we bought him in a relegation battle if he wasn't going to get any minutes. Clearly we should have gone for someone more ready to slot in I have no doubt he will develop into a good player issue is where will we be? What division. He needs to get some minutes even off the bench because Coleman and Kenny are very limited going forward.

Correct.

They see them in training every day. I think we should defer to their assessment, dont you?
I'd like to see him given a go because I don't actually think he could be any worse than what we've seen and he seems to have attributes (pace, tenacity, willingness/ability/stamina to get up and down) that will suit a Lampard team.

But, it's a horrid situation that we're in, and that's a really hard time to blood a new player who happens to be so inexperienced.

Which was my concern all along with this signing.

I still think he'll prove a very good player with Everton. I just view it as being exactly the right type of signing, but at possibly the worst time given the position it's for.

This is just my theory, I've never thought Coleman was an effective captain but the thinking might be that Frank doesn't want to further unsettle the dressing room by displacing him from that role even though he's heinous now. Theres a level of politics and a rigid club hierarchy that exists. If he wasn't the captain and a devoted club servant he would of been replaced years ago.
I guess there's plenty in that mate but also we just don't know with Patterson just as he's not played that much in his career

Correct.

They see them in training every day. I think we should defer to their assessment, dont you?
If, as you say they see him in training and he's 'not ready' why not play him in the U23's?

What is the point of having him and JJK on the bench... if he's 'not ready'???????

Patterson wasn’t even a regular starter for Rangers so I wouldn’t pin your Hope on him to much yet. I think he will become a great asset for us, but probably not just yet. Imo Coleman and Kenny are ahead of him atm.
JJK was soo good for Celtic last season they didn't want him..... BTW they had no starting RB at the time. In fact they had no back five, that any... yes ANY of their supporters wanted playing. The only player in defence Celtic supporters wanted to play was Julien at CB... and he's still not fit!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back