Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not Dave thats not picking him. Its Lampard, Ferguson, Benitez, GVB and Gerrard that wouldnt pick him. Dave just stating the blatantly obvious the kid isnt good enough for premier league yet. As hard as it is to believe we wasted our transfer money and a loan place on people who cant sit Seamus on the bench. People getting antsy as Everton effed up again. A kid with potential should have been brought in 4 or 5 yrs ago when Seamus was on the slide not left till halfway through a season when we're fighting relegation.
TBH I really don't care if he plays or not. I very much question the logic of having him on the bench.... with JJK while not playing him in the U23's. As to your other point, takes a brave manager that put's a 20 year old in for the club captain when THEIR JOB is on the line... don't you think? The question is.... why did Benitez pay 10-12 Million for a project.... IYHO?

TBH I really don't care if he plays or not. I very much question the logic of having him on the bench.... with JJK while not playing him in the U23's. As to your other point, takes a brave manager that put's a 20 year old in for the club captain when THEIR JOB is on the line... don't you think? The question is.... why did Benitez pay 10-12 Million for a project.... IYHO?
Who knows mate why this club does what it does anymore. Lampards reputation will be ruined if we go down, he owes nobody anything he'll pick whos performing best. If Patterson is good enough he'll get picked if not he wont and thats the way it should be all across the team regardless of age or future potential.

You do want him to become a really good buy for us though don't you?

He hasn’t answered this, which says a lot more than any words could.
Answered it umpteen times already: he's got ability going forward but he's been bought as a defender and clearly shows no aptitude for it....something I've commented on after seeing him play and a weakness obviously picked up on in training by Lampard and Clement. We have a lot of players who are attack minded and who have a cross in them, so that's why he isn't a consideration as a wing back.

If he wants to be a "good buy" he'll have to add defending to his game. As said already, that means for me a loan spell in the Championship.

Of course, you wont want hear all that.

Answered it umpteen times already: he's got ability going forward but he's been bought as a defender and clearly shows no aptitude for it....something I've commented on after seeing him play and a weakness obviously picked up on in training by Lampard and Clement. We have a lot of players who are attack minded and who have a cross in them, so that's why he isn't a consideration as a wing back.

If he wants to be a "good buy" he'll have to add defending to his game. As said already, that means for me a loan spell in the Championship.

But you STILL haven’t answered his question, about whether you actually want him to become a good signing.

Sounds similar to Seamus after we signed him. He burst on the scene at a similar age making an initial big impression before his limitations became clear. Was sent on loan to Blackpool to get an education and was slowly integrated on his return. Could become a great signing but appears to be a project. If this is the case and we go stay up perhaps we need to loan him next season and bring in an experienced loan to take over from Seamus. Perhaps someone like Dalot who can do a job on both sides. Then hopefully Patterson can return as a first choice for 8-10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back