Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have paid a reasonable transfer fee for the lad and I would imagine his wages are fairly decent as well. We can't afford to invest that kind of money in a player and send him out on loan, he will have to learn his trade here and be our back up right back, I mean he may even benefit from being coached by Ashley Cole and Leighton Baines. THAT is common sense and financial reality.

By the way Dave, constantly using capital letters in words to highlight your opinion dos not make what you are saying any more correct.
They cant believe the fee they mugged us for up there.

You pay that cash for experienced top flight players not a sub who cant even get into an ale house team.

They cant believe the fee they mugged us for up there.

You pay that cash for experienced top flight players not a sub who cant even get into an ale house team.
Does he remind you of your first crush or something ? Bad memories of clumsy schoolboy advances being rebuffed ?

Genuinely can't think of another reason for your jihad against the kid ?

Didn't watch the FACUP last night. This lid got taken off early... what happened to him? Was he having a stinker?

I thought he was unlucky to be subbed, He had a decent start, thought he was our best player early on, neat tidy comfortable on the ball. Lost his way a bit but Townsend should have a set him free on a couple of give and go’s and passed the ball backward and was lucky to stay on in my view.
Townsend was the problem imo
You can’t have a wing back and a winger, Townsend should played inside more.

Was getting in his space and didn’t really play many balls for him. Had he tucked in it would have pulled their left CB in and gave patterson more room

Does he remind you of your first crush or something ? Bad memories of clumsy schoolboy advances being rebuffed ?

Genuinely can't think of another reason for your jihad against the kid ?
On a scale of 1/10 - in all the time I've been posting here that's struggling to hit 1 in insults I've received.

The lad isn't good enough for Everton in the PL. He needs to be playing a level below. He's nowhere near the quality defending wise that Kenny and even a 35 year old Coleman can hand us; and he's nowhere near the quality out wide we need. These are called 'facts'. I'm sorry if you only have your insults to come back on that fundamental reality, but that really is your problem.

I liked the look of him last night. Can tell he’s still a bit raw and will need his game fine tuning but seems to have all the attributes. Was a victim of the formation last night, Townsend kept getting in his way an over hitting every cross. He was unlucky to go off, but think he’ll be fine.

On a scale of 1/10 - in all the time I've been posting here that's struggling to hit 1 in insults I've received.

The lad isn't good enough for Everton in the PL. He needs to be playing a level below. He's nowhere near the quality defending wise that Kenny and even a 35 year old Coleman can hand us; and he's nowhere near the quality out wide we need. These are called 'facts'. I'm sorry if you only have your insults to come back on that fundamental reality, but that really is your problem.
I’d guarantee if patterson played the remaining 14 games of the season, he’s offer more going forward, than Coleman has in 2yrs.

Would he have his defensive nous, unlikely at 20. But long term FL wants footballers who can keep the ball and are technically good players, so that’s one thing in Patterson’s favour.

Mad how you’re writing him off at 20 and hardly any games under his belt. Yet some not saying you are still happy to give Tom davies more time after 5 yrs and 135 games

Only 'facts' I can see in your ridiculous rants against a young player that would explain your desperation to denigrate him continuously (other than being the obvious troll that you are) is that you're just a sad old bigot?

I’d guarantee if patterson played the remaining 14 games of the season, he’s offer more going forward, than Coleman has in 2yrs.

Would he have his defensive nous, unlikely at 20. But long term FL wants footballers who can keep the ball and are technically good players, so that’s one thing in Patterson’s favour.

Mad how you’re writing him off at 20 and hardly any games under his belt. Yet some not saying you are still happy to give Tom davies more time after 5 yrs and 135 games
Our manager doesn't want to play him in a PL game. It's understandable why.

The inconvenient truth ^^^ you and the other easily pleased seem to want to avoid recognising.

Only 'facts' I can see in your ridiculous rants against a young player that would explain your desperation to denigrate him continuously (other than being the obvious troll that you are) is that you're just a sad old bigot?
More insults that avoid the issues brought up concerning his shortcomings.

Maybe 'laudo' from Bearsden knows better than our manager.

Lol.

He was good after waiting for 2 months. Quick, bit of a mix up with townsend but not his fault. Some passes a bit rusty but nothing too bad. But very, very quick! We gonna love him in attack.

Our manager doesn't want to play him in a PL game. It's understandable why.

The inconvenient truth ^^^ you and the other easily pleased seem to want to avoid recognising.
No he’s obviously not ready In FL mind. And that’s fine, he’s the manager and see’s the players every day. The fact this team collapses like a pack of cards under pressure, is not going to help throwing inexperienced players in there, like patterson, Branthwaite, Mykolenko.

We’re in a relegation scrap and Frank, is rightly going for experience and trying to make the best out of a crap situation. Let’s see if we get safe with a few games to go, if he then changes things, towards next season

I was actually agreeing with you to a certain point, not writing him off and thought he looked OK yesterday, however, I think arguments lose their validity when people start saying 'facts' when it is obviously an opinion.

I have never watched him other than yesterday so mine is definitely an opinion and a weak one at that, but for me he showed that we shouldn't be writing him off. Hopefully he has the right attitude and with 2 of the best full backs that the Prem has seen in the coaching teams we can be assured he won't be short of expert coaching advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back